Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from another newbie

Simonl

Hi everyone.

I stumbled across the site while searching for information on hardware, especially EQ mounts. It seems a very friendly place so thought I'd say hello. I'm a total novice but hopefully will buy my first reflector soon. I still need help deciding, or perhaps it's more like reassurance that I need :)

Happy new year

Simon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Well my Skywatcher 200 and EQ5 arrived this week although it took me the nearly 3 months before finally ordering. The temptation to get the next better mount or the next bigger scope or add goto meant I soon found myself with a setup approaching £1500. A quick slap on the wrist and I went back and ordered what I was originally planning to order 3 months earlier.

Now it's here I got it setup quite quickly and think I more or less have the hang of manoeuvering the thing. We have snow here at the moment so the best views I've had so far are of the large clock tower at the local railway station about 1mile away.

This site was very helpful, there is simply masses of information here.

Once the skies clear I will begin barraging the site with question ;)

Thanks everyone.

Archived