NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Looking for an observing chair

I was looking at the chair from AE here: Astronomy Observing Aids (scroll to the bottom)

It looked great, a tad expensive, but great, so I contacted the UK store on the "where to buy" page of their site, and they informed me that they are no longer in production :)

I would like an adjustable chair like that, with a back, preferibly comfortable too, I just can't seem to find anything suitable - that was the only one and they don't make them anymore!

I think a number of observers have bought the adjustable ironing chair/stool from Aldi which is not very expensive and easily adjusted. I would go along to your nearest store to see if it is available.

Mark

Sorry Mark but these are rubbish.....

very hard to adjust, you have to undo a nut then withdraw the bolt and reinsert in a different hole to adjust. Takes to long and hard to do in the dark...

My god you don't want to be spending that sort of money. I bought the Lidls ironing chair. Unlike the Aldi version the seat height is easily adjustable with one push/pull clip and it all folds flat like the Berlebach. It's been one of my great buys and for only £8.99. Only problem is knowing when Lidls will next have it.

My god you don't want to be spending that sort of money. I bought the Lidls ironing chair. Unlike the Aldi version the seat height is easily adjustable with one push/pull clip. It's been one of my great buys and for only £8.99. Only problem is knowing when Lidls will next have it.

I must have bought mine from Aldi then Russ as mines demoted to an ironing chair :)

i'll look into the lidl ironing chair then, does it have a back rest to it?

at least I can always get that chair from RVO! it looks pretty good I reckon, comfortable, foot rest, back rest, padded seat/backrest too, expensive sure but i'm 22 and expect to be stargazing for the rest of my life - a worthy investment if there ever was one?

I was looking at the chair from AE here: Astronomy Observing Aids (scroll to the bottom)

It looked great, a tad expensive, but great, so I contacted the UK store on the "where to buy" page of their site, and they informed me that they are no longer in production :)

I would like an adjustable chair like that, with a back, preferibly comfortable too, I just can't seem to find anything suitable - that was the only one and they don't make them anymore!

I got one of these four weeks ago but it was sold as a Presenters chair at Cookies DJ equipment suppliers Cookies DJ & Karaoke Superstore.

It is fully adjustable and appears to be the same chair.

Presenters Seat :: Cookies DJ & Karaoke Superstore

I spoke to RVO about their chair with a back, and you do have to undo bolts etc to adjust the height, which I thought was too much off a faff outside in the dark. They do another one which you don't have to do this with, though it doesn't have a back.

Archived