NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I wouldn't mind this one.......

Doc

A D&G Optical 11" F15 refractor: FL= 4090. The tailpiece includes a 4" AP focuser on a 6" diameter drawtube providing 14" of travel to allow the use of binoviewers and also 4" eyepieces. Also, the Argo Navis unit is mounted on the tailpiece. The mount is a converted gyroscope testing platform from M.I.T. built by AC Delco weighing about 1/2 ton. It's supported on a 24" diameter concrete pier.All wiring for dew heaters, DSCs, and drives are wired internally through the OTA and pier.

33244standg11med.jpg

Not sure I can say this without sounding thick, but what would this scope be good for? What would it excel at? Planetary viewing?

Makes that 8" they take to Kelling look like a pocket scope in comparison Mick! :icon_eek:

Hi all,

How in earth do you view the horizon? Has the building on the right got damage insurance? Does the national grid go down when the equi drive kicks in? This can only be in America? Oops I must be prejudiced :icon_eek:

Gordon

Great scope, would love the planetary views, but would also hate the steps up to the eyepeiece whenever viewing anything low down (no head for hieghts me - I also once fell off the side wall of my old observatory at 1am straight into a rose bush and had to be rescuded by the next door neighbour)!

Do Meade still make those 8" APOs - I know someone that bought one once, that was also great on planetary stuff.

Not sure I can say this without sounding thick, but what would this scope be good for? What would it excel at? Planetary viewing?

I would imagine that with an 11" frac, most things would look pretty good in it mate!

Tony..

Archived