Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 now with Ha

MartinB

Not everyone likes Ha bling in galaxies but I think I do! Managed to grab 1 hour tonight in 10min subs to add to my recent M33.

I've included the previous LRGB for comparison. Interestingly I found that "screen" blending mode seemed to give the best result. I did a bit of tweaking after the blend which has obviously added to the difference between the 2 images.

Interested to know what you think. I've spent too long on it now.

post-12794-133877411564_thumb.jpg

post-12794-13387741157_thumb.jpg

Spent too long on it? Not possible!! It takes time to get a really, really REALLY classy image and there you have one. I like your 'bling' description and can see the case for both views but after all, you can present both so that's the answer. I liike the bling one too. (There's a line in The Catcher in the Rye describing a be-jewelled woman as being 'lousy with rocks...' It made me laugh.)

Olly

Brings back Jodie Fosters remark when she hit the first stop on the journey through the Wormhole, and looked out on a galactic wonderland.

"That is so beautiful" And so it is.

Nowt wrong with a bit of bling Martin

Wish I could afford some.:headbang:.

Ron.:D

Seems the bling has it. You tarts!

Chavs bruv, Chavs :headbang:. I'm off to find my Burberry baseball cap...

Seriously though, IMO we're not doing 'proper' science here, it's pretty pictures and it's not like you're adding something that's not actually there, more bringing it to the forefront. I would be happy with either image to be honest!!

Tony..

The Ha version has it for me Martin. After all, if there was somebody in M33 taking piccies of the milky way, i'm sure they'd like to point out areas like the Great nebula in Orion.

When I did M33, that area in the lower left was very bright with emissions. I wonder how it compares in size to the Orion neb.

Whats the next project?

ah, looking forward to that then Martin. You did have the start of it last season IIRC?

The forecast for Monday night here is clearish, but the skies have been dire for weeks. One really decent night in more than two months :icon_eek: Hope it doesnt take too long to get the rgb!

Archived