Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Sunny Liverpool

IainR

Maybe, someday.

My first telescope arrived today, a Celestron Nexstar 4 GT (a discontinued model).

Obviously no chance to use it with the weather as it is.

I already have Strathspey 20x90 binocular, wonderful for looking at the moon. But not wonderful enough, hence the telescope.

I have just ordered: Nightwatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe and Patrick Moore's Yearbook of Astronomy 2010. So at least I will have something to look at.

Wish I could afford a good binoviewer, but I can not. Will see if the local pharmacy has any good eyepatches.

A couple of queries, please, which may very well give all of you experienced sky watchers a laugh but I am a complete beginner.

Are the Stellarscope Star Finder or the Pocket Star Identifier any good?

Is the Night Sky Planisphere from David Chandler (http://www.davidchandler.com/nightsky.htm) any improvement on the standard variety? If so, does anyone know where I can get one? Any others recommended?

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to answer.

I have not added a photo to go with my name. May add one of my dog, far better looking

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi and welcome to SGL, Iain. :rolleyes: I highly recommend the Chandler planisphere but don't know where you'd get one in the UK (i'm in the States).

Hello Talitha

Thanks very much. Nice to know I am on the right lines with the Chandler planisphere. Amazon.co.uk sell some, but for the Southern hemisphere! Try working that one out. They did have some for the Northern but only as far north as Spain (if I remember correctly).

Iain

Hello ron.s.g

Yes I have installed stellarium but on the two times I tried to run it it presented problems. Refused me access to any other program (Alt Tab) or even Ctrl Alt Del to close it down. Perhaps it is clashing with something.

Iain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hi guys im from liverpool anfield next to liverpools grounds, any good idea were to go to get the best views of planets, got a back yard but to light were i am to see much apart from starts mabe clusters.. john reguards

Archived