Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Sunny Liverpool

IainR

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hallo Ian, welcome to a very knowledgeable and friendly group. I am from Liverpool too and live near to Alder Hey hospital.

Regards from Dave.

hi david im from liverpool to, question were the best spots to go take my scope the light palution were i am in anfiled is awfull, back yards no good too many street lamps to contend with, ive been on SG1 couple weeks and just getting round this forum, and also the stargazing aspect i have a celestron nexstar SLT and also Skywatcher skyhawk 115pm EQ! Mount but setting up in my yard complete waste of time, need some were weres there no light palution, reguards and welcome to SG! john skywatcher2

Hi John, I am afraid that it is difficult to see any of the fainter objects because of the light pollution that we get near to the city centre. For this reason many of the keen observers in Liverpool are willing to travel up to a 50 mile radius. Areas such as Delamere Forest, North Wales and the Lancashire & Yorkskshire borders all offer better skies unless you are content to view the Sun, Moon and planets. Locally I would suggest the wirral coast line, reasonable darker sky looking out across the River Dee and Wales.

Do you have your own transport to get around?

Archived