Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from another newbie

Natasha

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Thank you for your messages, for Astrophotography, I'm going to use my Canon 400D camera and one of the Skywatcher telescopes (torn between two of them lol), probably going to go for the Skywatcher Explorer 150PL EQ3-2 150mm Newtonian Reflector Telescope or the Skywatcher Explorer 200p EQ5, they both sound good ;). Are they good for photographing planets and galaxies?

Hi Thank you for your messages, for Astrophotography, I'm going to use my Canon 400D camera and one of the Skywatcher telescopes (torn between two of them lol), probably going to go for the Skywatcher Explorer 150PL EQ3-2 150mm Newtonian Reflector Telescope or the Skywatcher Explorer 200p EQ5, they both sound good ;). Are they good for photographing planets and galaxies?

Hello, and a warm welcome to the home of friendly astronomy.

Your 400D will prove to be a very capable camera when it comes to taking photos of galaxies, clusters, and nebulae. For taking pics of planets, or indeed the moon, many of us use a type of webcam, which proves a little more suitable.

Astrophotography is a hugely rewarding pursuit, can be very frustrating, not to mention expensive, but it really allows you to pull some of the majesty of the heavens down into your hands, where you can keep and hold it special.

Many of us have been down exactly the route you are considering, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. We can recommend suppliers, methods, and show you what results you can expect.

Cheers

TJ

Archived