Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

President Obama hosts Star Party

mike.brightmore

On 8 October Barack Obama and the First Lady hosted a star party at the White House (believed to be the first ever). Twenty telescopes on the South Lawn, planetarium, moon rock and a Martian meteor etc etc. Bet he had clear skies and I hope he had a proper look with all the lights out. Well done anyway Mr. President.

post-15108-133877405739_thumb.jpg

Hey this is great maybe he will bring more awareness of the hobby and get more people involved :) well done Mr prez!!

Any good the Prez might have done with this photo opportunity must be outweighed by that geeky looking guy on the left.;)

I was thinking some time ago that it might be worth the stretch to have a star party for politicians, invite along Prime Minister Gordon Brown etc to see the splendor, perhaps then they might do something about light pollution.

not sure what Obama was doing there with all those lights so close by,what did he see so close to the Zenith i wonder

still a gesture, its more than our own govt have done.

Archived