Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messier 31 - Andromeda Galaxy Mosaic

RichieJarvis

Been working on this since I took my central M31 image last week...

This is 5 nights worth of data in 9 frames (because I kept getting it wrong and missing bits!)

I took 10 x LRGB 300/100/100/100 for this image - combined in Maxim, and processed in PS.

Comments welcome!

2009-09-29-M31-9PaneMosaic-Small.jpg

Full details and a full-rez version on the website here: South Common Observatory

Thanks for looking,

Richie

Awesome image Richie, and thanks especially to the link explaining the different processing methods. Tbh, I never thought about maintaining saturation from the beginning, I've always done it towards the end. Now I have some more learning and experimenting to do. :D

Daniel

Great image Rich, I was going to do this at kelling but bottled it at the last minute :D

You could go mad with Andromeda and processing though, there are so many variables and variety of images, the colour especially seems to vary enormously on the well known imagers pics. I like the reprocess here.

Archived