Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New boy in Cambs

Mr Noble

Hi folks,

Just taken delivery of a lovely new scope (Celestron CPC-800) to replace my old scope which I've used 4-6 times a year for the last few years - a £200 TAL 4" refractor. I persevered with the TAL and all its shakeyness for too long!! It used to be a nightmare manually tracking and trying not to touch it so as not to vibrate the whole image! It was really only good for lunar viewing and spotting jupiter although I couldn't really even make out the bands.

That was until last night when my ebay purchase arrived in all its glory and I got it set up on the drive (so I could plug it into my car - no 13 amp plug in adapter yet!)

I didn't have time to set up the autoguide as I've not read the manual or positioned the starfinder scope, but when I found Jupiter, I was blown away. I only have a 20mm cheap lens as the seller kept all his lenses, but the steadyness of the scope and the magnification and clarity was magnificent!!

I'm so pleased with it and can't wait to get it all set up to autoguide!

I also will be needing a bit of help and advice about which eyepieces to buy, but I'll do a search for previous threads.

Goes to show that there are bargains to be had on ebay, and some excellent sellers too!!

Nice to meet you all.

Greg :o

Archived