Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pier finished, aligned and had 1st run

gary1968

I am just wondering as my 8" SCT / Dual mount bar / ZS66 was at the very top end of my weight limit on the HEQ5 and I think your mount has slightly less weight capacity than mine? Mind you... your SCT is 6" and not 8"....... as they say 2" makes a huge difference!

Merlinxlm, The main post is 80x80 stell box section 5mm thick. It is 7 feet long and into the ground 3 feet, leaving 4 feet above ground. There is a 1" thick plate welded onto the top of the post, drlled and tapped to mount the pier top onto.

Cheers for the comments guys.......

Gary.

BTW, I should be building Pier Tops again in the next couple of weeks if anyone is interested.

Looking the biz the Gary , Craig showed me his pier top ,looked good it did. I suspect after a while I shall tire of setting up , then tearing down. A Pier makes ay more sense. I could be looking at getting one for my EQ6 mate.

If you do got ahead with building , let me know please.

Pete

Archived