Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OK - Luckshall Revisit

adamsp123

Not to try and scupper Salisbury II "the return" - a great idea BTW.

Myself, Pete "pizza" Adams and Robert "the Bruce" Anstruther have tentatively agreed to go back to Luckshall during the same weekend mooted for Salisbury Revisited, again on an ad hoc basis and weather permitting. :)

As much we enjoyed Salisbury, it is quite a trek (4hrs for me) but for those further north and in the mid Wales/Midlands area Luckshall is a lot closer.

So anyone interested in a Luckshall return from Friday 23rd Oct for 2/3 nights, or whatever, please identify yourself. :D

I will phone the campsite but I don't think spare spaces will be an issue that time of year but I will check.

Cheers Pete

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good show chaps, I will contact the campsite early next week and look to get the rally field where we were at SGL4, ie away from most other folk and unfortunately a long way from the loos.

Now we need the BBQ weather we were promised to ease in during October

Pete

I have contacted the site and all 3 rally fields are available, so I really can't see all of them being booked up in late October. Nearer the time I will check again but I reckon it can be a last minute affair so we should be able to know how the weather is doing before any commitment.

Weather permitting I shall definately go.

Pete

• 1 month later...

The weekend is not looking good, low pressure seems to be taking hold, so unless there is a dramatic change in the weather pattern I don't fancy camping in either overcast or wet conditions this time of year.

I will leave it a couple more days before finally deciding to go or not.

Pete

If I could be in 2 places at once, I'd be there too!

We're off to Salisbury, only 40 mins up the road for us.

These 'mini meets' are a great idea. I hope there are more of them generally, as it's often the case that if you can't make it to a main event, you can still meet up at one of the smaller ones.

Hope the weather is OK for all of us, and have fun there. ;)

Cheers

Rob

If I could be in 2 places at once, I'd be there too!

We're off to Salisbury, only 40 mins up the road for us.

These 'mini meets' are a great idea. I hope there are more of them generally, as it's often the case that if you can't make it to a main event, you can still meet up at one of the smaller ones.

Hope the weather is OK for all of us, and have fun there. ;)

Cheers

Rob

Cheers for that Rob, I quite agree a couple more informal meets a year would be nice, but so much depends on the darn weather.

Best of luck in Salisbury!

Sadly I got the rubbish Saturday forecast, at least for Salisbury! I hope both groups have micro-climates that disagree with Metcheck, I truly do.

Have a great weekend up in Lucksall - I know we will in Salisbury, what ever the weather man says...but I hope for all our sakes we get some clear skies.

Steph

Ok, having trawled through the latest met office charts and other sources of data I have reluctantly decided not to go ("chicken" I know), it really isn't looking too good although Sunday night might be OK but I cannot stay as I have work on Monday. ;)

No doubt it will turn out fine but I am not willing to camp in a little tent with large low pressure dominating the weather this time of year, I am too old to get soaked and cold...wuss...yes!

Best of luck to any going here or Salisbury I would like to think I was seriously wrong!!!

I see your point of view....and in fact was considering much the same. Trouble is, I've gone to masses of trouble to get the tent, make a dew heater and loads of other things besides. Part of me thinks "you wooss - get on with it". The other part thinks "what the hell am I proving ?"

I can fully understand your decision especially as you are right beside the river wye as well. It was totally clear in Hereford tonight until 30 minutes ago - not what the Met Office was forecasting. I managed to use the 4" APO frac with nice views of the M27, M71 and NGC7789 then the clouds came over.

I will let know what the weekend weather is like - unless you rather not know!!!

See you soon if not SGL5 next year.

Mark

I can fully understand your decision especially as you are right beside the river wye as well. It was totally clear in Hereford tonight until 30 minutes ago - not what the Met Office was forecasting. I managed to use the 4" APO frac with nice views of the M27, M71 and NGC7789 then the clouds came over.

I will let know what the weekend weather is like - unless you rather not know!!!

See you soon if not SGL5 next year.

Mark

I would like to know so I can bang my head on the nearest hard object.

If by some miracle the weather outlook dramatically improves I can always change my plans and go, just thought I would give a couple of days notice of my unlikely attendance. If it does get better then I will go down Friday afternoon and stay till sunday middayish, but the improvement would have to be clear cut and honestly I don't see it happening, pity.

Pete

Currently its sunny in Hereford but quite breezy. The forecast from the Met Office for tonight (Saturday) and tomorrow is clear with excellent visibility. I think Metcheck astro site says the same for tomorrow.

Hope this does not annoy those SGL members originally thinking of coming to Lucksall this weekend.

Mark

Currently its sunny in Hereford but quite breezy. The forecast from the Met Office for tonight (Saturday) and tomorrow is clear with excellent visibility. I think Metcheck astro site says the same for tomorrow.

Hope this does not annoy those SGL members originally thinking of coming to Lucksall this weekend.

Mark

Thanks for the update, maybe a wrong call from me but if I had a campervan and not a itsy bitsy tent I would have risked it.

Still cloudy here but I am hoping for some clear spells tonight, I hope Salisbury are going to get a good one tonight.

Archived