Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Anglesey, Wales

niapost

Hi I'm Nia and I'm new to the lounge. I live on Anglesey, where the sky is always big! I've done my training with my binoculars and now I'm on the lookout for a telescope. I prefer to buy a used but cherished model so i'll be a regular visitor to the lounge. I've been looking at the celestron 6se scope or possible the 8se - I would like to do some webcam imaging. I've noticed that the celestron models fly off these shelves very fast, but I'm sure I'll get lucky soon. Looking forward to exploring the forums and chatting to lots.

cheers

nia :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum Nia, its a great idea to have done

your 'training' with binoculars, hehe your bound to know your way

round the sky which will no doubt come in handy when you get a

scope.

You'll find a lot of great info and advice on the forum.

Kathleen

The place with the longest name.....Llanfairpwllgwyngyll +38 more letters

cheers

nia

used to work in kwik save / somerfield there. one lad actually had the chance to use one of the oldest jokes ever one day. an american popped over from pringles to get a drink for the coach and said to the lad on the checkout

"how do you say the name of this place?"

the lad paused, managed to keep a straight face and then said very slowly

"kwik save" :)

Hello from "across the water" - having recently arrived in Colwyn Bay area. :)

Thanks for message. Just been to the National Eisteddfod in Bala today and met some members who gather at Llandrillo College. They have various events organised up to the end of the year- star parties, public events and lectures. They have also a special weekend up Snowdon with a dob end of September! Are you a member?

cheers

nia

Are you a member?
No, I'm not. But I had noticed that the locals enjoy quite a lot of activity? Even articles in the "North Wales Pioneer" (Colwyn Bay ed.)! But I must get around to investigating. Not sure I'm quite up to Snowdon, these days, though. :)

No, I'm not. But I had noticed that the locals enjoy quite a lot of activity? Even articles in the "North Wales Pioneer" (Colwyn Bay ed.)! But I must get around to investigating. Not sure I'm quite up to Snowdon, these days, though. :)

i could use that almost word for word apart from the paper as the anglesey rags don't seem to give any inches to them. i suppose we could catch the train up snowdon and back down the next morning

Archived