Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ngc 869 & Ngc 884 Sketch.

Doc

Done my first sketch last night.

Below is a sketch of the Double Cluster. It's been enhanced slightly by adding halo's around a few bright stars but basically is an accurate view through my 32mm eyepiece.

post-13619-133877388908_thumb.jpg

Sheet of A4 paper then drew round a saucer so have a circle of about 5" Diameter.

Borrowed a HB and 2H pencil of my daughter and then divided the circle into 45° segments.

Different size dots for different size stars and marked colours so if it was a yellow star marked Y beside star and 1-5 for brightness of that star.

Looked to see which way was West as stars always drift towards the West.

Then went to PS CS3 and made a template and just plotted stars with different brushes and added a halo round them to make the main ones stand out.

Resized and posted here.

Thats about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Great sketch, Mick:)....I can't believe I missed this one before...I've just been comparing yours to the one I made a few months ago and posted on this forum. I love the way you've put the haloes around the brighter stars. Nice one!

Stef

Nice sketch, Mick. I really like the way you have colured and haloed the stars, beautiful. How long did it take to make the sketch? The x2 cluster is always a favourite sight in any instrument - with binos you can get Stock 2 in the fov making it a triple cluster.

Nice sketch, Mick. I really like the way you have colured and haloed the stars, beautiful. How long did it take to make the sketch? The x2 cluster is always a favourite sight in any instrument - with binos you can get Stock 2 in the fov making it a triple cluster.

I would say for the basic sketch 30 minutes. Then about 1 hour in photoshop to place it in a template and colour stars etc.

Archived