NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings from Wiltshire

starlady

Hello there, I am new to Stargazers lounge but not to Astronomy. Here in South Wiltshire astronomy is lonely hobby as there do not seem to be any clubs within a 30+ mile radius, so I just spend the few clear weekend nights we get alone in my garden looking at the wonders of the universe through my 250mm Orion UK dob - which is worth every penny it cost me!

I started out with a small Tasco reflector ( a birthday present from my husband who got fed up with me sighing every time I saw a telescope advertised). I moved up to a Meade 105 ETX, a great little scope when you learn how to use it properly (it took me a while), I still love using it. I also have an Orion express 80mm refractor which is great for viewing star clusters.

I do go to Astrofest so I get to share my hobby with others sometimes!

Thanks for reading this.

Hello Starlady, and welcome the place where you now have thousands of new friends, all with the same love of astronomy.

I understandnhow you love your scope. A fine instrument, and it will deliver splendid views in the eyepiece for you.

Best Wishes.

Ron.:)

Hi and welcome to SGL :)

Highly recommend Wiltshire Astronomical Society, I have been a member for over 3 years now. There is a Salisbury astronomy society which I believed dormant, but apparently is not ! Depending upon where you are in South Wiltshire there is also MAD viewers who meet at Kilmington near Stourhead - Mendip District Viewers Group

Jon

Hi everybody,thanks for all the welcome messages.

I live near Salisbury so the nearest clubs are Andover, Wiltshire and Southampton - all a bit too far away as my job means an early start on weekdays, an hours drive at night to club meet is not really on. Maybe a change in jobs is the answer?

I have seen the flyer for the open viewing at Sixpenny Handley, I will try to get there and maybe meet a few of you.

:)

Archived