Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars' closest approach for a Billion years....

Tim

So the E-mail spams are correct after all! They just got the date wrong.

When will be the time to put sticky tape on the windows and a paper bag over my head? As the barman in HHGTTG famously put it, will that help? :icon_salut::eek::cool:

When will be the time to put sticky tape on the windows and a paper bag over my head? As the barman in HHGTTG famously put it, will that help? :icon_salut::eek::cool:

Time to get your electronic thumb out...:headbang:

I should imagine that would be a pretty impressive sight from a distance.

I'm quite in the mood for such disaster scenarios at the moment having just read Phil Plait's Death From the Skies. Very good book.

gareth

Wow, I'm really worried, something that might happen but not for three billion years .... the increase in solar radiation as the Sun ages will have boiled the oceans away by then, so I doubt very much there'll be anyone around to care.

Repeated on the night-owl BBC news last night. :p

Have you heard? It's in the stars,

Next July we collide with Mars!

Well, did you evah?

What a swell party this is! :D

Aside: I had thought that the inner solar system was a TAD more "permanent". But I guess (seem to remember) that planets have always migrated quite a bit. An interesting topic, if rarely referenced... :)

I hope it doesn't happen the evening that "Big Brother" is on.

That would be a blessing ... I'd rather have my teeth & nails pulled out slowly with red hot pliers than have to watch that *bleep*

That would be a blessing ... I'd rather have my teeth & nails pulled out slowly with red hot pliers than have to watch that *bleep*

Same here, i hate that damn show!

A billion years eh? i'll keep an ear out on the sub-etha radio for any ships near by :)

hang on is that a chesterfield sofa? eddies at it again :D

Archived