NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

24th April Pics

OXO

Hi All,

Set up the scope last nigth in ok ish conditions viewed Jupiter that was ok, went inside for a quick Brew came out and WOW :shock: Best skies ive seen in many years nr get black dark skies :).

Got the Moonglow filter out and fixed it to the camera and took these images with the Canon 300D..and 80mm Celestron.

Well Happy with them esp the Vega one with the Trees :lol:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope you like em.

James :)

So when you're fully woken up James, some of us want to know what you did please. Are these single exposures or stacked? iso settings and exposure times too if Poss. What mount did you use?

BTW where do I get my hands on an 80mm f/5 Celestron, it looks the absolute business.

I've been looking at these pictures all day, they are awesome.

Captain Chaos

Thanks Gaz/CC/Naz,

Woken up :lol::) well nearly :)

Ok Mount used was a HEQ5 polar aligned roughly..

All images were taken at ISO 1600 and all a Stack of 30 frames at 20 Seconds each my Memory card holds 30 images at a time(Raw mode) so i limit them to 30 frames plus i wanted a selection of images esp after the drought of clear nights this year and the lovely sky last night..

I bought the Celestron second hand off Jamie(Skyguy) it's a fantastic little scope and provides wonderfull widefield views. CA wise it's great for an archo bung a moonglow filter in and it's almost gone!

Try looking on ebay and the secondhand market CC iam sure one will come up..

Thanks

James

Gaz,

I thought it would be mate but having played with 2 ST80's in the past this one wipes the floor of them, not sure if Jamie or me was lucky in getting this one meaning quality controll and all that matey?..

The optics are superb in the scope :shock:

Great pics mate I knew I should have ignored my tiredness and still made the effort to go out observing I thought myself the skies are looking great tonight but counteracted that with its only cos Kielder was such a letdown theseare only average for around here but no you have confirmed it for me again what topped it was the 12volt supply was dead and I wanted to really used the new mount

I really must stop listening to my own advice and get a life :insects1: :insects1: :insects1:

Stunning pics, Chum!!!

It was clear as a bell here, but I didn't get in till 10:30 and was too tired to set up. Wish I had've done now, as its all cloudy and pants again :D

ROLL ON FRIDAY :D :D

Stunning pics, Chum!!!

It was clear as a bell here, but I didn't get in till 10:30 and was too tired to set up. Wish I had've done now, as its all cloudy and pants again :D

ROLL ON FRIDAY :D :D

Roll off Sunday? :shock:

naz

Archived