Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurora Timelapse from Bodmin Moor, Cornwall

Posted (edited)

Saw a capybara and the aurora yesterday, that's a pretty good day in my book.

Was this the brightest display at this latitude since 2023? Was wonderful to look at, at times I didn't know which way to turn. Here's by 1h30min timelapse with a 14mm lens, my camera battery finally gave up at about 2:00 AM.

Sent it to the BBC and they showed it at the end of the regional news broadcast (Spotlight) tonight.

As a bonus, caught a couple meteors right at the end.

image.thumb.jpeg.861aab85d694ef72982328c7dc2fa853.jpeg

AuroraMeteor2.thumb.JPG.8177ac75201f0c5e3ea4a8de646aba85.JPG

PC is churning away now running some Photoshop batch processing on the 712 frames, to bring out a bit more structure.

Edited by Knight of Clear Skies
  • Like 27

Superb video and photos. The first meteor picture looks very much like the one that I captured, although mine was against a red sky instead of the purples you have here. Either way, 2 meteors is very lucky! 

Yes I saw a meteor as I was lining up a double star in Hercules just before a green curtain went through the eyepiece, I looked up and shouted my wife and son out then rang my Mother and Brother so we could all see the spectacular view.

Beautiful!!  Well done on getting some cracking meteor action too - they're crackers.  I still need to wade through nearly 10,000 images to check for meteors - surely something in all of that?!