Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Ursa Major FMC Flatfield Eyepieces

These new Ursa Major FMC Flatfield eyepieces are an excellent alternative to regular Plossl or Orthoscopic eyepieces. 

With their five to six-element optical design, they deliver a surprisingly high performance with a flat field, generous eye relief and a wide apparent field of view (from 60 to 65 degrees). 

They also include a 2-year warranty and are covered by our 30-day return policy, so you can buy with confidence 😇

Ursa Major FMC Flatfield Eyepieces

ursamajor_fmc_ff-ep_25mm_sgl.jpg

• Like 2

They seem good value for their specification 🙂

The shorter focal lengths have good eye relief, which is more than can be said of a shorter focal length plossl.

Very promising I think 👍

12 hours ago, John said:

Very promising I think 👍

24 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

They look really good for £39 👍 

They look, feel and perform better than their price suggests. They are also noticeably better and more comfortable than the eyepieces supplied with most telescopes. 

Steve 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FLO said:

They look, feel and perform better than their price suggests. They are also noticeably better and more comfortable than the eyepieces supplied with most telescopes. 

Steve 

Are these new design? If not can you please share the equivalent eyepieces on the market?

Edited by heliumstar

1 hour ago, heliumstar said:

Are these new design? If not can you please share the equivalent eyepieces on the market?

They are a new design manufactured by United Optics.

We have bought them into the UK as Ursa Major, but retailers in other countries will, of course, do the same for their country and will brand them differently. 

I guess most will compare Ursa Major FMC Flatfields with the more expensive BST StarGuiders

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heliumstar said:

Take look at this:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/826223-sky-rover-premium-flat-field/

Very similar if not the same specs, although some focal lengths seem to be missing - like 3.5mm and 7.5 and some specs being slightly off - like 25mm being 5/3 vs 4/3 when it comes to lens elements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, FLO said:

We have bought them into the UK as Ursa Major ...

FLO also owns the Astro Essentials, StellaLyra and StellaMira brands. But after some debate, we chose to brand these new eyepieces, Ursa Major. 

Ursa Major is a brand we use for products that provide an affordable route into astronomy. I.e. the Ursa Major 6" f/8 Planetary Dobsonian. I'll stick my neck out and say I believe the Ursa Major 6" Dob offers more performance-per-£ than any other telescope. Over time, I think these new affordable eyepieces will earn a similar reputation, so they, too, are branded Ursa Major. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Alan White said:

@FLO Steve, the listing shows a 10.5mm but no details in the specification list for that one is shown.
They look very interesting indeed. 

Oops!

I'll fix that now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlcorAlly said:

Is the 10.5mm the same one as the 10mm ultra flat field? 

The manufacturer says it isn't, though the two designs are clearly closely related. 

• Thanks 1

If one don't wear eyeglasses when observing , the eye relief of the 25mm and 19mm eyepieces is too big.

You fail to find and hold your head/ eye in the right position, resulting in a lot of fleeting kidney bean aberration.

This is what is happening to me with the 32mm Plossl I need to modify in order to be useful. For me, and others like me, an eye relief of 15-16mm is plenty enough.

But it is obvious that producers and dealers have forget about us and leaving us no other option than not to buy.

So be it. All I need is to get the two SV Bony zooms due to arrive next week.  And a 4mm Radian. No more eyepieces needed here.

Mircea