SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Royal Mail Deliveries

22 hours ago, Ratlet said:

I've never believed the delivery times, but I live quite far north so I'm usually just grateful to not be charged £20 extra because my postcode starts with AB3 rather than AB2.

That really shouldn't be allowed for a public service. I can understand private companies doing it but I think public service should be the same rate across the UK. I know Royal Mail is run by a private company now but it is under a remit to provide a public service at the end of they day.  I think the island communities get hit particularly bad with that model. 

Jim 

I think we're used to amazonian being able to deliver the next day but royal mail quite often taking two, three, even four days for a 24hr delivery. Our postie people are great but the service is getting worse in the South West of England, at least it is here. The only guarantee of a 24hr service is when I pay for tracked mail, first class is usually a week. 

Post here is reliable and daily with a regular team of delivery persons, any missed mail is easily collected at the local office.
I do note that its slower at times, but within the system, not at the local delivery end.
Last year has an RMSD parcel sit at the Post Office it was sent from for a week before it went into the system!
But on the main, fast and reliable.
Let's face it you could use one of the tainted named delivery firms and it would be far more a lottery for it to arrive undamaged or at all! 

• Like 1

I think it is horses for courses and any courier quality varies with post codes , here I have no issue with Evri ,Yodel, DHL ,DPD etc,etc and items arrive within 4 -7 days . I wait 14 days  before contacting any company/seller regarding non arrival of packages when it comes to RM as they are very unprecictable.

When astro kit arrives late-ish that's just a bit annoying, but when hospital appointment letters arrive after the appointment or not at all, that's disastrous and happens too often. Once is too often.

27 minutes ago, DaveS said:

When astro kit arrives late-ish that's just a bit annoying, but when hospital appointment letters arrive after the appointment or not at all, that's disastrous and happens too often. Once is too often.

swmbo and I were discussing that yesterday,
We decided (prob cos I said so !!) that it is a failure of the hospital system to implement back-up plans for mission critical events.
Lost mail has been a well known problem since the penny black !

4 hours ago, DaveS said:

Most of my NHS is now all paperless , any  letters /appointments all on an online  portal now. 

• Like 1

Well, my expectations have just been exceeded. I ordered an eBay item at 7pm Friday. I was notified it was posted Saturday 2nd class. Delivered by postie 10am today 👍🏻

• Like 4

We were out when the postman tried to deliver 3 parcels today. One required a signature. 

Later today he returned to try again as he had seen my wife jogging so new we were about.

Can't better that.

Regards Andrew 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, andrew s said:

We were out when the postman tried to deliver 3 parcels today. One required a signature. 

Later today he returned to try again as he had seen my wife jogging so new we were about.

Can't better that.

Regards Andrew 

Excellent. Our postie always checks the back garden if no response at door.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Earl said:

I think the responces show it still down to the quality of the local postie.

Well, yes it is on the days they (are allowed to?) deliver. As mentioned above, we are lucky to get 3 deliveries a week in my village. Today is a non delivery day.

• Like 1

No issues with FLO dispatches (or any other astro retailer), they arrive when expected. What is a bit inconsistent nowadays (it was quite reliable before) is what time parcels arrive, could be anytime now.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

Although on a remote Scottish island, we get post deliveries every day except Sunday by Royal Mail,  the only disruption  occurs when the weather is too bad for the boats to sail. Mostly 24hr mail arrives next day or a day after, and on the whole it is the preferred method. DPD / UPS / Evri etc. go to Kirkwall and then our local agent picks those up and delivers three times each week.

Callum

• Like 1

I've been pleasantly surprised with both items that have been sent my way first class or next day arriving next day.

Seems common theme that the posties are awesome, but the system has issues.  Both our posties are legends.

• Like 1

I personally have never any probs with RM  over the last 25 years in the highlands. I have had loads of issues with a few of the couriers though. A recent example of RM I posted an astro parcel to the south of england on monday morning. It arrived the next morning. Thats the service RM delivers to here as a norm. couriers lol yeah right.  Unless its  amazon prime, always a great result there to.

Not exactly about RM but I had a parcel shipped from Japan on Mon, it's travelled most of the world due to be delivered today on the van (not even on a priority delivery, two days covering this distance is amazing), tracking shows it's gone back to the depot... Guess the drivers had a tough day... Can't get the service nowadays can you?

23 minutes ago, Elp said:

Not exactly about RM but I had a parcel shipped from Japan on Mon, it's travelled most of the world due to be delivered today on the van (not even on a priority delivery, two days covering this distance is amazing), tracking shows it's gone back to the depot... Guess the drivers had a tough day... Can't get the service nowadays can you?

I hope it’s a Japanese astro goodie 🤞🏻

Just now, JeremyS said:

I hope it’s a Japanese astro goodie 🤞🏻

Don't worry, it's not Tak related. Actually it is, a different sort of Tak.