Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Triplet

Sp@ce_d

Surprised myself that I'm posting these, I was just processing out of curiosity and got a bit carried away. I wasn't expecting to do anything with the subs as they were just gained while I was testing out a rig put together with gear I haven't used for a few years! It was a bit of a last minute decision as last week the weather looked promising all night for a change so I was rushing about finding stuff as it was getting dark. I didn't even polar align, just pointed in the right direction. I was testing out N.I.N.A which I've never used before & getting auto focus, guiding etc hooked up & calibrated. It was also first light for the Antlia LRGB VPro's that have been sitting in the boxes for a couple of years!

Cem70, Esprit80, ASI2600MM, Antlia LRGB. 30 mins each channel, 120s subs

Processed in Pixinsight 

Comments welcome as usual.. not sure about the stars now I'm looking at them uploaded on the crop version.. a bit hard looking? 

Full Frame

Leo_Triplet_Final.thumb.jpg.7d76c33391b2e54307054f72055391d7.jpg

Crop

Leo_Triplet_Final_Close_Crop.thumb.jpg.ce383814dd3dc768e2df01a0a8a7fe2d.jpg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Stunning in view of the circumstances. This rig is going to sing.

Seen at full size I think it's a little over-sharpened but what the heck?

Olly

Thanks Olly yeah I was surprised as there were no dropped subs at all and it was only a quick first attempt to see how NINA’s sequencer works 🤣 I do seem to have a tendency to over sharpen as you’ve mentioned before. I only use PI these days too which I find is very easy to overcook. I’m also thinking it’s probably my eyes wanting more detail these days as they’re well into their 7th decade now and I’m juggling with 3 pairs of computer glasses depending on which monitor I’m checking on 🤣. Then there’s the floaters… is that a star or a dust mote? 😂😆 talking of which.. I know you’re into cycling.. I was on a 50 odd mile ride out a few months ago when I had a PVD (posterior vitreous detachment) in one eye! At the time I thought it was dust in my eye from the harvesting going on in the fields we were passing. Like looking through a snow globe full of black stars! Anyway calmed down after a few weeks, my optician was brilliant straight in for thorough checks and follow ups. 

5 hours ago, mhoop said:

I'm a complete noob to astronomy and astrophotography. I think its wonderful!

Thank you.. I do forget sometimes how excited I was to see a grey smudge on my dslr when I first started out amazed that I could even point in the right direction! All these years later I guess it goes to show how far we can come when after taking a break the “muscle memory” still works 🙂

8 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Great job!

Thank you 

• Like 1