Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101 (DSLR - 8 Hours)

Aza

Hi

This is M101 with almost 8 hours of 6 minute subs.

Taken with a modded 400D and Skywatcher 8" Newt.

After the first 2 nights I had 3 hours worth of data and was very unimpressed with what I had. But last night I managed to get another 5 hours, and it made all the difference (naturally!)

This is my first process, and I think I have been a bit heavy handed. No doubt I will be giving it several more processes.

Cheers

m101.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Neil :)

I never seem to be satisfied until I get some serious hours worth of data.

Even now I think I will let it run for another evening to see what happens.

I want to bring out more detail without messing up the background so much.

There is probably 101 processing techniques to do this, but I dont know them :)

Thanks for the comments :)

Is that book where you got your photoshop skills from Les?

I have alot of places I pull info from most is from places like this were we can share the info, but I would put this book up there comes with a cd to go along with the Book also check out Warren Keller he has some great tips for Photoshop

Les

You have built yourself a beautiful Image Arran.

They say hard work brings rewards, and I think you have demonstrated that fact with this image.

I bought the book Les. spoke of. I ordered it from a dealer via Amazon. It took a while to get to me, but I got it in the end. Took about 10 days, so I suppose it wasn't all that long a wait.:)

Ron.:)

• 1 year later...

I wanted to thank Les and Arran for the thumbs up of IP4AP! There are great resources for learning image processing today. I'd also recommend Wodaski's books, Tony Hallas, Adam Block, Don Waid and my tutorials, free tuts online at Starizona, astro-imaging conferences: AIC, NEAIC, MWAIC, RAW, major star parties and forums such as these. Drop me a line if I can help further.

Very good image. You can't beat data!

I reckon it has some greens where they're not wanted and if you don't have PixInsight with its SCNR de-greening routine there is a free one here written by Rogelio Bernal Andreo. I'm told it works well;

Hasta La Vista, Green! | Deep Sky Colors - Astrophotography by Rogelio Bernal Andreo

Olly

Archived