NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrobiscuit Is Back

LukeSkywatcher

Well, the video has landed. Another brilliantly executed astro-drama! Very entertaining as always. Not so sure about the guitar string secondary spider though! 

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, malc-c said:

How many times can you drop a telescope !!

Eactly as many times as the script requires?  Perhaps 🙊

I do like Rorry (Muliti Story). He produces very entertaining content and I think it's aimed at the right level. He has serious projects that experienced imagers will find interesting but pitched it in accessible language without dumbing down.

Tooooo many YouTubers are getting bogged down in esoteric image processing or reveiwing the same gear as 50 other content providers. I've been watching less and less astro YouTube content for that very reason.

Cuive TLG and Astrobiscuit are keeping my attention more than most. Cuive because he's colourful and Rory because he tells a good story.

• Like 3

I quite liked the content and the delivery, but oh dear how can some one be so flippant and casual  in handling an optical OTA .

One can only think though it is to get likes and folks to keep watching the channel for the disasterous outcomes .

24 minutes ago, Naughty Neal said:

I quite liked the content and the delivery, but oh dear how can some one be so flippant and casual  in handling an optical OTA .

One can only think though it is to get likes and folks to keep watching the channel for the disasterous outcomes .

The Frank Spencer of the astronomy world. 😉

• Haha 2

Don't know about anybody else but lifting a Newtonian without a hugging or wrapping your arms around the OTA method seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Obviously the larger the ota the more difficult but I would of thought still manageable for an 8 inch OTA.

They're great videos though. If you go back to them and see the amount of shots taken its not a simple undertaking to make and edit such videos into a cohesive narrative flow. Most videos are taken with one or two fixed setups with basic editing.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 20/06/2023 at 12:41, Elp said:

They're great videos though. If you go back to them and see the amount of shots taken its not a simple undertaking to make and edit such videos into a cohesive narrative flow. Most videos are taken with one or two fixed setups with basic editing.

He puts a lot of effort into his channel, for sure. I just find it all a bit transparent. It's a panhandle for financial support, with OTT theatrics. Plus his persona is irritating, reminds me of a cross between Jeremy Beadle and Richard Hammond. 

My biggest gripe is his long running plug on youtube for a mount servicing outfit who shall remain nameless. I've PM'd Rory about this, sent him links highlighting 'missing Mounts' on CN, and commented on the aforementioned youtube promotion (which have been promptly removed...). 

• Like 6

I'm not a huge Youtube fan as nearly all channels follow the same pattern of using it just to promote their Patron page, social media links and the same unrelated promotors for meal packages.

I watched his recent video where a few hundred people paid for him and a couple of mates to have a holiday in the Cannery islands, and whilst he proved a small DIY scope can't compete against a £1m scope (wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work that out) it did provide him with a decent image to flog for £300 to raise more money for a return trip with a bigger telescope...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's a sad state of society today in which people will happily donate to things like this but not to those that genuinely need the support.

Unfortunately a lot of them on YT do it, only a select few don't.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 5

I was expectedly dissapointed with the canaries video.

I don't mind him having a jolly out of it but the content needed to be better than that.

Too much lingering on the last minute "problems" to add unnecessary excitement. Not enough time spent on the imaging project. Then with the confused handicapping of the observatory telescope, I lost interest.

That's why I can't watch golf...🤣

But it was still more entertaining than 20 channels giving demos of SuperExtremeFuzzyStarExterminatorProPlusAIv2.03.1😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1