NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally……. FS-128 😊

Rather excitingly, I’ve just seen that the base of the ADM Losmandy/Vixen adapter which I have for the GP-DX has threaded holes 35mm apart so I will be able to attach the Tak cradle directly to the mount without needing a dovetail

IMG_7027.jpeg

• Like 4

These FS128’s are like a bus service, all turn up at once 😉

Seriously pleased for you both, excellent scopes I am sure. That extra reach from a 4” should be most enjoyable.

I celebrate you new arrivals with a nice cuppa

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Stu said:

Rather excitingly, I’ve just seen that the base of the ADM Losmandy/Vixen adapter which I have for the GP-DX has threaded holes 35mm apart so I will be able to attach the Tak cradle directly to the mount without needing a dovetail

IMG_7027.jpeg

That's very fortuante @Stu.
Any idea if these adaptors fit the GP mount or are they a different item and size entirely?

9 minutes ago, Alan White said:

That's very fortuante @Stu.
Any idea if these adaptors fit the GP mount or are they a different item and size entirely?

Pretty sure they are the same fit on both. Not sure if you can buy that but without the full dovetail; they aren’t cheap for the whole thing.

• Thanks 1

On 11/05/2023 at 07:49, Stu said:

I’ve been looking for one of these for years, and never quite been in the right place, right time to nab one when they came up. This one was on eBay and managed to pick it up when travelling back from Dartford to Crewkerne last night.

It looks in excellent condition I must say. Optics are pretty good considering it’s about 22 years old! It has the original focuser which is very solid and smooth, though I may add an MEF for micro focusing at some stage. @F15Rules has also kindly shown me the correct adaptors to get me up and running with 2” eyepieces and binoviewers, in the meantime I’m limited to 1.25”. It also has the clamp which is solid and surprisingly light, and the excellent 50mm finder.

It’s a large scope, but seems very light compared with the LZOS 130mm f6. It will be interesting to do some comparisons between the two, but the LZOS will be looking for a new home soon.

Some poor pictures here taken last night, will post more when I get a chance to use it. Expect more cloud 🤪

IMG_7001.jpeg

IMG_7002.jpeg

IMG_7003.jpeg

IMG_7004.jpeg

IMG_7005.jpeg

IMG_6994.jpeg

IMG_6996.jpeg

Nice one Stu Chris Ropers one 

• Like 1

On 11/05/2023 at 10:37, mikeDnight said:

Stu, I picked up Dweller25 (David's) FS128 last night and managed first light on Venus, which was nice as the last thing I observed through my first FS128 was Venus, so beginning where I left off. Anyhow,  mine like yours came with only the 1.25" back, so I quickly removed the green adapter in the drawtube and replaced it with these, which I bought a few weeks ago from FLO. I seem to remember it was Telescope40  (John) who advised me to get these as they allow maximum inward focus for low power bino viewing.

I still needed to use a 2" extension when using a 1.25" prism for planetary, but not with a 2" diagonal.

20230511_102941.thumb.jpg.3395f0391413332ea6d4e3ebaca07b29.jpg20230511_102803.thumb.jpg.86386eefb96591c967735cccb87a5937.jpg20230511_102823.thumb.jpg.53ecc3b3b057c0c110e9671479827a65.jpg

Nice one Mike loverly scope 

• Like 2

A elegant looking scope. Hope you have time to do a  comparison before the LZOS 130 sells. Will be interesting reading. And I never grow tired of seeing the beautiful Tak lenses.

Edited by DirkSteele
Typi
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Telescope40 said:

Gary. Have you had a 128 during your telescope journey fella ? 

Regards. John 

Hi John yes quite a few years ago now a fine scope it was nice optics quite a large scope they are I’d say in those days the perfect size now the 140 I’d say is perfect size .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Highburymark said:

Wow - congrats Stu and Mike. Are you both keeping your FC-100s?

Yep, the FC-100DC stays with me too, will be the last one to go!

• Like 3