Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars through the fog (31/11/22)

Kon

I managed to get a 'clearish' spell from the ongoing fog last night. Mars did not look bad as jet stream was out of the way. This is 6x5min movies derotated in winjupos. I think it may be one of my better ones since the last oneย ๐Ÿ™ƒ. It seems the north polar cap has significantly shrunk and possible sand storm at the south? 8" dob, manual, asi462mc, 2.5x TV powermate. New capture approach on exposures and processing combining image analyser. Original capture size and 150%.

ย 

image.png.3af2d09c6ee49956c47c19d23d4a87cd.pngimage.png.5e5e2fd4f87a60237082361e638e5f55.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Well done Kon! How did you manage to part the clouds? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Liking the vibrance of colour. Lots of detail with the better seeing. Did you derotate video or images?ย 

Thanks. I think the derotation helped under the conditions. I should have said, derotated 6 stacked images. Thanks for the tip on using image analyser. Still getting my head around with all its functions.

1 hour ago, Astroscot2 said:

More excellent images Kon, desperate for the skies to clear now the jetstream is out of the way.ย  Can you share the link to image analyser, new freeware?

ย 

Mark

Thanks Mark. I was quite pleased to pull these details. There was a bit of boiling effect yesterday, probably due to the difference in temperature coming from the fog in/out.

The link is:

http://meesoft.com/Analyzer/

• Thanks 2

Lovely images Kon.

Glad you picked up the smaller polar cap I had that & thought it was due to the jetstream bouncing the image all over the place ๐Ÿ‘

I presume you use Pipp to centre the image & quality control. Do you find that no matter how big the file is it won't let you keep more than 40k frames in quality estimation? Only ask as I've tried a higher frame rate of 400+(because of the dreadful conditions) which gives over 100k to put into pipp but when using the quality options it won't let me use more than 40k.

2 hours ago, yelsac said:

Lovely images Kon.

Glad you picked up the smaller polar cap I had that & thought it was due to the jetstream bouncing the image all over the place ๐Ÿ‘

I presume you use Pipp to centre the image & quality control. Do you find that no matter how big the file is it won't let you keep more than 40k frames in quality estimation? Only ask as I've tried a higher frame rate of 400+(because of the dreadful conditions) which gives over 100k to put into pipp but when using the quality options it won't let me use more than 40k.

Thats strange mine is capped at 99k ?ย 

2 hours ago, yelsac said:

Lovely images Kon.

Thanks for the comment.

I have no issue with my pipp. I also shoot at 300fps and Iย  regularly get 60-70000 frames. I use the default quality settings and vary between 60-80% of the frames. Is it worth uninstalling and reinstalling it in case of a change in a setting you can't remember?

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Nice capture Kon. Lots going on here, out of action my end for a bit. Good to see you getting some joy.

Thanks Neil. I was surprised to have got a bit of gap. Thick fog tonight.

I hope nothing too serious.

• Like 1

Lovely images Kostas. My wife andย  were visiting my daughter in Berkshire yesterday for her birthday today and of course there was a clear sky with Moon, Juiter and Mars all shining brightly. We were due to be there for 3 nights, returning on Saturday, with a birthday dinner planned for tonight, but this morning her husband tested +ve for Covid, so we've had to come home. I'm now hoping that we haven't caught it, as the last thing I need now, with opposition less than 1 week away, is to be ill in bed.....๐Ÿคž

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Lovely images Kostas. My wife andย  were visiting my daughter in Berkshire yesterday for her birthday today and of course there was a clear sky with Moon, Juiter and Mars all shining brightly. We were due to be there for 3 nights, returning on Saturday, with a birthday dinner planned for tonight, but this morning her husband tested +ve for Covid, so we've had to come home. I'm now hoping that we haven't caught it, as the last thing I need now, with opposition less than 1 week away, is to be ill in bed.....๐Ÿคž

Oh no , I keep my fingers crossed for you that you haven't caught it! Typical with weather when something is on. My sky was absolutely brilliant at 5am this morning with frost but I had to be on an early train.

I hope you get a break in the weather, and keep that virus away!

Thanks for the positive comment.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kon said:

Oh no , I keep my fingers crossed for you that you haven't caught it! Typical with weather when something is on. My sky was absolutely brilliant at 5am this morning with frost but I had to be on an early train.

I hope you get a break in the weather, and keep that virus away!

Thanks for the positive comment.

Thanks Kostas, more fog here tonight currently, so no chance to image unless a miracle happens and it clears. I fear my throat feels a little tight, but I may be imagining it......๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿค”

32 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Thanks Kostas, more fog here tonight currently, so no chance to image unless a miracle happens and it clears. I fear my throat feels a little tight, but I may be imagining it......๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿค”

๐Ÿ˜ฌ...I hope just seasonal cold!ย 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kon said:

Thanks for the comment.

I have no issue with my pipp. I also shoot at 300fps and Iย  regularly get 60-70000 frames. I use the default quality settings and vary between 60-80% of the frames. Is it worth uninstalling and reinstalling it in case of a change in a setting you can't remember?

Will try that thanks Kon ๐Ÿ‘