Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st Barlowed Saturn

Kai

No a stack in registax and a bit of PsP processing,but as i said i am new to this imaging lark

It's still a good picture, and for a first attempt with a barlow, well you should be chuffed.

naz :lol:

Excellent image Kai. there is some tremendous detail and you have definitely have a better image from using the barlow.

I'm interested in knowing if you used the sliders in the wavelets section. Registax tends to produce a rather fuzzy image which sharpens up and brings out loads of detail with judicious use of the wavelets. You can make out banding detail on the disc but you could do with a bit more colour. Perhaps you could turn up the saturation a little with your next capture. These are minor details to look at, the underlying message is that you have produced a corker of a pic :lol:

Excellent image Kai. there is some tremendous detail and you have definitely have a better image from using the barlow.

I'm interested in knowing if you used the sliders in the wavelets section. Registax tends to produce a rather fuzzy image which sharpens up and brings out loads of detail with judicious use of the wavelets. You can make out banding detail on the disc but you could do with a bit more colour. Perhaps you could turn up the saturation a little with your next capture. These are minor details to look at, the underlying message is that you have produced a corker of a pic :lol:

To answer your question about wavelets.

I do use the wavlets but try to be careful not to over "slide" them as i find it pixelates the image.When i was capturing the image it looked so blurry,faint on the laptop that i was surprised to get any detail at all.

Next chance i get to go outside i will try to get some more colour .

Archived