Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tele Vue: Paul Dellechiaie

scarp15

Received the Tele Vue news letter and learnt of the passing of Paul Dellechiaie.

He become an optical designer for the company and led on the optical design for Ethos, Delos and DeLite eyepieces; the later two a homage to his name. 

Here is the article accounting for his time working at Tele Vue.

Remembering Paul Dellechiaie – Tele Vue Optics, Inc. Blog

• Like 2
  • Sad 13

3 hours ago, Stu said:

I had never realised that the Delos and Delores eyepieces reflect his name. Really nice to know, and a fitting memory of him every time his eyepieces are used.

Yes, its that and also refers to one of the Greek islands - Delos, and that Paul had Greek heritage.

He was a pioneer in his field, and enriched our hobby. The eyepieces he designed are in my mind exceptional. He leaves behind a great legacy at Televue, and will be sadly missed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stu said:

I had never realised that the Delos and Delores eyepieces reflect his name. Really nice to know, and a fitting memory of him every time his eyepieces are used.

I never realised that name existed to be honest @Stu, you live and learn....
I should not joke on such a thread, sorry, but sometimes it just has to be said.

3 hours ago, Alan White said:

I never realised that name existed to be honest @Stu, you live and learn....
I should not joke on such a thread, sorry, but sometimes it just has to be said.

Oh dear! That’s my spell checker tripping me up again. Used to amuse an ex friend of mine on here too.

• Like 1

I've only just this moment learnt of this - what a sad loss - it was only yesterday that I was singing the praises of the Delos eyepiece.

David Nagler of TeleVue said that Paul "never had a bad word to say, and always took adversity in stride by applying logic over emotion. He had one incredible mind. To say Paul was an avid reader is like saying Niagara Falls flows like a bathtub faucet."

A loss not only to those closest to him, but to the entire astronomy community.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2022 at 16:46, scarp15 said:

Received the Tele Vue news letter and learnt of the passing of Paul Dellechiaie.

He become an optical designer for the company and led on the optical design for Ethos, Delos and DeLite eyepieces; the later two a homage to his name. 

Here is the article accounting for his time working at Tele Vue.

Remembering Paul Dellechiaie – Tele Vue Optics, Inc. Blog

Reading this article, I realized he is such a great man. May he find rest in the blossom of our Lord Jesus Christ