Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Binocular or binoculars?

FLO

6 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Ah, but do you wear them outside your trousers, Stu? 😊

Bill Bryson describes over-nighting in a UK bus shelter, having donned everything in his rucksack to ward off the cold.  On waking, he asked an early morning gent if there was a café open and was directed to one. 'One thing, though,' said the gent. 'Before you go inside I might be inclined to take them pants off yer 'ead.'

Olly

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ollypenrice said:

Bill Bryson describes over-nighting in a UK bus shelter, having donned everything in his rucksack to ward off the cold.  On waking, he asked an early morning gent if there was a café open and was directed to one. 'One thing, though,' said the gent. 'Before you go inside I might be inclined to take them pants off yer 'ead.'

Olly

I remember that line well 😀

• Like 1

All, please let’s all remember that this thread is actually about whether we say binocular or a pair of binoculars, no more, no less, so let’s keep a reasonable sense of perspective about it.

Thanks.

To be clear, my comment relates to a post which I’ve hidden.

1 hour ago, WJC said:

Just, for the first time ... watched "My Fair Lady"! Your poor deprived child! For my wife, Debbie, and me it would be a dozen or more.

To be honest I only watched it to appease my girlfirend, otherwise I wouldn’t have touched it with a bargepole! ;) 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...