Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Today's sun around 9am

Rustang

I had the chance to get out again today around 9am, I dont think the seeing was the best. I'm finding my feet each time with processing, Ive managed to bring out the surface detail a little better and tweaked the false colour to find a colour palette I'm more happy with.

I definitely think the Fuji has done well to capture a hint of granulation, I couldn't really make it out in the first image with my Canon 6D.

I really wont a Ha set up now!

Sun01-04-22.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Sun01-04-22.jpg

You and me both!

I like the image!

I'm struggling with an old Canon which I'm certain has over 100k clicks if not many more!

All night wide field meteor shots add up quick. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, IB20 said:

So much going on today! The Pentax 10XW and Tak 76dcu makes the faculae pop like I’ve never seen before. Stunning, really got my mojo back for WL viewing.

8EB346A3-A4EA-4481-819B-E46E981E7315.jpeg

Lovely image, and yes they definitely are popping! I'm really enjoying my first goes on the sun, wish I'd started ages ago 😊

Edited by Rustang
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, IB20 said:

So much going on today! The Pentax 10XW and Tak 76dcu makes the faculae pop like I’ve never seen before. Stunning, really got my mojo back for WL viewing.

8EB346A3-A4EA-4481-819B-E46E981E7315.jpeg

Cracking image! Nice and sharp and yes, the faculae looks great. Bet it was good visually 👍

Will have a go with the FC100DC in a while, I’ve had a quick look but passing cloud was trashing the seeing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Cracking image! Nice and sharp and yes, the faculae looks great. Bet it was good visually 👍

Will have a go with the FC100DC in a while, I’ve had a quick look but passing cloud was trashing the seeing.

The seeing isn’t as good for me as the warmer period last week, the higher mags not playing as nicely. Lots of fast moving clusters of cloud obscuring too. 57x was beautifully crisp though.

Guess that’s the charm with a grab n go set-up, no harm in trying!

• Like 1

On 01/04/2022 at 10:50, Rustang said:

I had the chance to get out again today around 9am, I dont think the seeing was the best. I'm finding my feet each time with processing, Ive managed to bring out the surface detail a little better and tweaked the false colour to find a colour palette I'm more happy with.

I definitely think the Fuji has done well to capture a hint of granulation, I couldn't really make it out in the first image with my Canon 6D.

Sun01-04-22.jpg

Very good! How was this captured? What scope, filters etc? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StuartT said:

Very good! How was this captured? What scope, filters etc? 

Thanks 🙂

Single shot using a Fuji XT2, Tal doublet f10 scope, Baader 3.8 solar film and Baader Continuum filter. 

Edited by Rustang
  • Thanks 1