Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn at 4300mm fl

johnh

SPX350, EQ6, DMK21AF.

Taken with 2xCelestronUltima working at 2.7x.

This is my first proper close up with above average seeing but Saturn does not show much detail.

220/500 frames stacked for each colour channel and sharpened red channel used as luminance to reduce the slight blur.

JohnH.

Thanks guys for comments, just getting used to electronic filter wheel as it saves time and works a treat. Above average seeing helps but I did not take enough subs so I will try to get more next time.

I tried a colour reprocess to get a better effect. Thanks JohnH.

That is a brilliant image! Even a hint of the division in the rings, thats the last we'll see of that for a while. Certainly for me the best Saturn of 2009, and given that opposition has been and gone now, could well be true for the whole year!

I prefer the first image I think, as the colours look more natural, but perhaps a blend of the two images would work well?

Thanks for posting, enjoyed that one.

TJ

Fantastic image John, amazingly delicate and tight.

I was using my TMB visually for the first time that night, and could just make out the division during moments of very still seeing. This image will always remind me of that :)

Cheers

Rob

Archived