Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Sky-Watcher Evolux 62 & 82 ED Refractor Telescopes

The UK importer/distributor released details only two hours ago (why always on a Friday evening!). 

Our first stock delivery will arrive at our warehouse Tue/Wed. 

We will replace manufacturer stock photos and descriptions after we have had time to assess the telescopes. 

Lovely looking scope. Love the Takahashi-esque single tube clamp. Locking dew shield is a nice touch, but that’s the longest dew shield I have ever seen! I’m assuming that the glass is on a par with FPL-53 given that this seems to be designed for imaging (and judging by the price point). Should sell well. 

On 11/03/2022 at 22:45, RobertI said:

Lovely looking scope. Love the Takahashi-esque single tube clamp. Locking dew shield is a nice touch, but that’s the longest dew shield I have ever seen! I’m assuming that the glass is on a par with FPL-53 given that this seems to be designed for imaging (and judging by the price point). Should sell well. 

Agree - a very appealing design. The 82mm is actually marginally slower than the old 80mm Equinox, which used FPL53. Colour control with the Equinox was pretty good for a fastish scope. Will be interesting to see how this one matches up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johninderby said:

As SW hasn't said what glass is being used highly doubt it is FPL53 or 55. They would shout about it if it was.

Will be interesting to find out what it is actually is. 🤔

Anything less than fpl-55 or fcd 100 and you are firmly better off getting a classic F7.5 ed-80 and fitting a better focuser. 

Adam.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Maybe the same glass used in the 72ED, whatever it is. The 72ED remarkably handles the blue well even at f4.9 with the dedicated reducer.

Its an expensive reducer on these scopes and only mild at 0.9x, not sure if they use ED glass in their other reducers though. The 62mm one is only ~70 cheaper than a ZS61 and corrector and we know that uses FPL-53, would be interesting to see a side by side comparison in the blue channel.  The ZS61 also comes with such features as a handle and compression ring fitting included. 

Not to mention the SharpStar 61EDPH II at F4.5.

Adam

Edited by Adam J

Well, time will see, if I had not the 72ED, it might have been worth a punt ! As the 72ED with a reducer giving a focal length of 357mm at f4.9 is too close to call and your getting another 10mm in aperture.