Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A skakey M3

Martin 2

Taken with C8 and coolpix 4300 on camera bracket, 1minute exposure single shot , its shakey because I can

only get long exposure by holding down the button for the lenght of the exposure, have to get a remote thingy,

Played with in photo shop

image.jpg

M2

The only thing that I can see wrong is that you spelt length wrong. The image is a corker seeing as you did it all "wrong". Get the remote thingy immediately! We can all see the potential in this, keep at it mate and you'll get some cracking images.

Under the circumstances is the phrase that comes to mind.

Can you do 15, 20 or even 30 sec exposures without holding the button? Asking because, if you can get a bunch of images that are too dim, you can "add them up" in Registax (free) to get around your lack of Hubble tackle. Even 5 second images would, I think, add up to a "wow" image.

Liking where this is going!

Captain Chaos

Martin

Without the shake, they're going to be great images.

Just a thought, can you rig up a device to hold the button down

so that you can let go of the camera during the take.

When a minute or so has passed, block the scope with a black card or something

whilst you release the device holding the button :lol:

Martin, I think a 1 minute exposure may be too long assuming you are using the scope in alt az mode. Although the scope will track very well it won't rotate. Best to limit the exposure to 45 secs esp if you aren't using a focal reducer. Mainly shake but you could be starting to get some rotation. That said Martin, there's a lot to be excited about in that image and it's not far off at all :lol:

Thanks Folks, Ive just picked up from a diy store a plastic clamp which has a lock on it, as you close it on what ever your clamping it locks at that pressure, it has a release catch in the handle ( the sort of thing you use to clamp bits of wood together etc), just tried it on the camera and it works a treat £5.00 as apposed to 70 for the remote THINGY

Thanks for the tip

M2

Not bad mate considering you still need to get a thingy!

Had a play myself with the image - looks nice, get a few of those (maybe limit to 30sec) and stack them and I think you'll be suprised whast come out!

Tried to remove some of the star trails (using layers) and then levels and a little curves to bring the detail out.

In the process I got a strange purple colour - sorry about that :lol:

Ant

Archived