NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings from the French Alpes

BEC0MM

Hello stargazers!

I've been fascinated by astrophotography for years, and decided to jump the gun a few months ago after finally moving to Annecy, a small city with bortle 3/4 sky only 30 minutes away.

Already equiped with Sony mirrorless cameras (stock a6000 & a7ii), I got myself an entry level tracking mount (star adventurer), a heavy-duty tripod (ts optics), and a nice 51mm APO refractor (WO RedCat51) a got my first 'shot' a few weeks ago:

https://www.astrobin.com/0pg5ji/B/

I've obviously have a lot of room for improvement, even with my simple setup... And I am looking forward to find in this community the knowledge, feedback and inspiration that will help me improve.

Clear skies!

• Like 3

Welcome to SGL.

A nice range of equipment to get you going and a lovely shot of M-42.   

The skies under the French Alpes are fantastic. Looking forward to any panoramic mountain star-shots you might post.

Sean.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BEC0MM said:

Hello stargazers!

I've been fascinated by astrophotography for years, and decided to jump the gun a few months ago after finally moving to Annecy, a small city with bortle 3/4 sky only 30 minutes away.

Already equiped with Sony mirrorless cameras (stock a6000 & a7ii), I got myself an entry level tracking mount (star adventurer), a heavy-duty tripod (ts optics), and a nice 51mm APO refractor (WO RedCat51) a got my first 'shot' a few weeks ago:

https://www.astrobin.com/0pg5ji/B/

I've obviously have a lot of room for improvement, even with my simple setup... And I am looking forward to find in this community the knowledge, feedback and inspiration that will help me improve.

Clear skies!

I use to spend time in the Alps every winter, i miss the quiet of the night when the towns & villages finally turn in for the evening. Montchavin was my last visit, spectacular place at 2am when its snowing & its so quiet you swear you can hear your own heart beating, envious of you right now! 

• Like 1

Oh, that Orion shot (nice one, BTW), was it taken from Semnoz then? I was there the half term, but looking at the mountains, not the sky. I took a photo of the lake from the bend before Les Rochers Blancs:

IMG_0857-2.thumb.jpg.4f3cdf5d71dd7e241a697073e4422c75.jpg

Stunning site, even under the clouds!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...