NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

About time too!

Tim

Dunno about you guys, but last night came along just in time, I was starting to get really grumpy with the weather, having not seen a clear sky since before last full moon.

Since then I have also flocked my GSO 8", and stripped and rebuilt it, so I was especially eager to test it.

Like a kid in a sweet shop i'm afraid, target to target, finally settling on one target for the 2am - dawn shift, will post that later.

Here's the first five, I also did some moon, venus, M106, Markarians Chain, and IC1396.

Best sight of the night was probably the Leo Triplet, my first glimpse of that, and of course, the comet. Also pleased with how the qhy8 rendered the Rosette.

These pics demonstrate exactly the reason I bought this OTA, short exposure times, reasonable results from a grab n go setup, all imaged and guided through the GSO 8", 400 sec subs except 60 secs for Lulin and 180 secs for M3. All pics reduced to 40% original size.

Thanks for looking.

TJ

picture.php?albumid=103&pictureid=1028

picture.php?albumid=103&pictureid=1029

picture.php?albumid=103&pictureid=1030

picture.php?albumid=103&pictureid=1031

Very nice set of images for a single night TJ :lol:

How many subs inthe comet image? I can just make out the "discrete" levels in the comet when I stack my subs these become really apparent making it look like a "spring onion"..

THe fast OTA and sensitive camera certainly allow you to make the most of a rare nights imaging :blob8:

Billy...

... I have also flocked my GSO 8", and stripped and rebuilt it, so I was especially eager to test it.

Looking at the results I'd say it was a very worthwhile project.

My favourite is comet Lulin, nice smooth tones and colour :lol:

You are beginning to make this look too easy TJ. But you have put a lot of effort in, and therefore you earned it. No doubting your love of this imaging game. I would say that GSO is what pleases you most.

A very fine set of images mate. That M3 Is magnifico.

Ron.:lol:

An excellent set of images , TJ.

Are they all taken with the QHY8 ?

John

Yes John, QHY8 with CLS filter and Baader MPCC, through a GSO 8" astrograph at F4.

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Does anybody happen to know if there is a way to stop the massive reflection artifacts from stars like alnitak?? Must be a hell of a bright star that one!

Archived