Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Satellite ruined exposures competition!

Robculm

Since we all have to increasing endure these ruined exposures, rather than just angrily consigning them to the trash, I thought perhaps we could at least gain some minor enjoyment from comparing them!

I was particularly impressed with the symmetry of this one in a single 3min exposure!

image.thumb.png.d4c16b2306c5ab4ca1c1e0b2a5832e62.png 

25 minutes ago, Robculm said:

Since we all have to increasing endure these ruined exposures, rather than just angrily consigning them to the trash, I thought perhaps we could at least gain some minor enjoyment from comparing them!

I was particularly impressed with the symmetry of this one in a single 3min exposure!

Nicely framed core 😉

1 hour ago, Robculm said:

Oh, I don't know. I did a bit more processing on your image. Looks ok to me:

All Seeing Eye Inside Image & Photo (Free Trial) | Bigstock

• Haha 5

I have to say that I never trash satellite trailed images when taking multiple stacked exposures. I use Pixinsight, and the pixel rejection routines work perfectly when integrating a stack of images - the satellite trails are just completely removed with no manual intervention required. You also get a nice rejection image at the end to see how bad it could have been - this is the busiest one I've managed to collect so far!

Satellites.jpg

• Like 5

As things get busier will this change the way imaging will be done in the future?

Just wait until china get involved in 10 years' time...

I presume stacking images will allow to discard or selectively keep the satellite/meteor trails

8 minutes ago, AstroGee said:

I presume stacking images will allow to discard or selectively keep the satellite/meteor trails

Yes, if you've got enough subs, they can all be removed with stacking and a good pixel rejection algorithm. Not sure how you'd selectively keep, but possible to add back in later if you really wanted to I guess!

• Like 1