NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wow! Zeiss Abbe Ortho's on Fleabay.

Franklin

Anyone want to club together for a 'time share' ownership?
12 of us at £200 each (ish)... and you get 1 month a year to enjoy them.
Maybe I should have thought of this more than 3 1/2 hours before the auction ends? :icon_scratch:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, globular said:

Anyone want to club together for a 'time share' ownership?
12 of us at £200 each (ish)... and you get 1 month a year to enjoy them.
Maybe I should have thought of this more than 3 1/2 hours before the auction ends? :icon_scratch:

I bet I'd get the rainy month !

7 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Yes the big win was for the BHF. 👍🏻

Now come on which SGL member was it? 🤔😁

I wonder if the BHF knew what they’d been given. It’s nice to imagine they had no idea and were astounded at the final price.

18 minutes ago, Captain Magenta said:

I wonder if the BHF knew what they’d been given. It’s nice to imagine they had no idea and were astounded at the final price.

When I first retired I used to volunteer with a charity listing stuff for sale on e.bay and other sites. They used pretty standardized listing formats with little room for change to reflect the unusual nature of a particular item.

We did do some research on items that we suspected might be of value or rarity so we had an idea about their potential but the actual listings didn't vary much.

Most of the emphasis seemed to be on an accurate description of the condition of what was for sale to avoid negative feedback.

Overall this was a fruitful enterprise for the charity that I worked for. Maybe even more so over the past 18 months with charity shops being closed during lockdowns and struggling to get enough volunteers when they were able to open again ?

Edited by John
  • Like 3

If they are the same ones, likely, then someone was part of an active auction and paid the winning bid.
If they then sell them on, fair play, anyone else could do the same.

I have lost very close family to Heart Disease as well, and I was pleased BHF got a decent addition to the kitty.

Edited by Alan White
typos of course
  • Like 1