NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn July 21st reprocess

neil phillips

At risk of flogging a dead horse. i tried numerous things with the 3 captures i got on the 21st. The best process for various reasons was capture number 3.  Tried combining all three. and again for various reasons i didnt prefer the result. So stuck with the best capture of that morning. Processed it carefully to the best of my abillity. Not sure if its any better or just different. But thought it looked ok. Can clearly see blurred portions of where the hex is. Hope i can get more seeing like this. when i have my head around the zwo ADC i just bought. We shall see

july 21st reprocess.png

• Like 19

2 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

A fine result, the shades of colour on the globe are outatanding!

Its a lot of fun processing Craig. I hope everybody gets more good seeing coming there way so we can all get a crack at what good seeing can deliver. Your 300 should do great with levels. Opposition soon. 

2 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

Good luck with the ADC - they are well worth the cost IMO.

Chris

Cheers Chris. Not sure what to expect to be honest. find it hard to believe i can do a lot better than this, with Saturn being so low. But when you see how effective ADCs can be on low planets in theory i should be able to. But of course seeing has to be just as good too doesnt it

1 hour ago, U Cyg said:

Nice reprocess Neil, it looks a tad sharper to my old eyes.  I love the colours that you have brought out.

Angie

Appreciated Angie.  I think i remember us talking about how we were both giving up imaging all those years ago. Which i did. over 5 years ago now. Well i didnt bargain on a worldwide pandemic. It just helped to do something i knew again, fresh air in the garden out under the stars helped keep me sane. And i think i did actually miss it. Out of interest have you stopped totally ? or do you still dabble at all ?. Feels good to be back on here talking with like minded old astro friends

Hi Neil, yes, I am still dabbling and have a few images to post up.

I understand how you feel about being out under the stars, I lost my husband 5 years ago after 54 years together, and spent many hours outside just looking up.  I found it so calming and always felt so much better the following day.

Imaging this season has been so much more pleasant - being able to wear just one layer of clothing rather than being bundled up under so many layers that I could barely move. 🙂  It is just a shame that the planets are so low.  

I was looking forward to the Ganymede/Europa event tonight but it looks a bit iffy with the cloud.

Angie

41 minutes ago, U Cyg said:

Hi Neil, yes, I am still dabbling and have a few images to post up.

I understand how you feel about being out under the stars, I lost my husband 5 years ago after 54 years together, and spent many hours outside just looking up.  I found it so calming and always felt so much better the following day.

Imaging this season has been so much more pleasant - being able to wear just one layer of clothing rather than being bundled up under so many layers that I could barely move. 🙂  It is just a shame that the planets are so low.  

I was looking forward to the Ganymede/Europa event tonight but it looks a bit iffy with the cloud.

Angie

That must have been very hard to cope with Angie. Can understand your sentiment, Many hours outside looking up. Pandemic. Must be isolating too. I know the effect it has had on me. Always a friend on here Angie. Hope to see what you have done with your recent astronomy. Remember the quality of your work. 

Exquisite colors, Neil. You teased out some beautiful and colorful detail! It can be worthwhile to reprocess older data...as  a matter of fact, let me take another look over mine, lol 😆

Regards, Reggie! 🚀

8 hours ago, orion25 said:

Exquisite colors, Neil. You teased out some beautiful and colorful detail! It can be worthwhile to reprocess older data...as  a matter of fact, let me take another look over mine, lol 😆

Regards, Reggie! 🚀

cheers Reggie 

8 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Absolutely beautiful Neil. simply stunning' on a very difficult target from these shores.

Thanks Martin. You never know whats around the corner quality wise. I felt in a bit of a rut, untill i got this.  Starting to doubt the equipment and my abillity. But have to admit. My confidence is coming back. looking foward to doing some more under hopefully high pressure. Bet your itching to get some steady seeing too.