Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ganymede Transit 2021 July 25

orion25

Good record friend Reggie, I believe it was with Mak 180mm, you didn't exactly specify the setup, so it's bad to make a better assessment.
The only thing I could suggest would be to check out the Registax color balance.

2 hours ago, orion25 said:

I caught Ganymede's shadow as it was transiting Jupiter and near the instant the moon itself was crossing Jupiter's disc:

23 minutes ago, astroavani said:

Good record friend Reggie, I believe it was with Mak 180mm, you didn't exactly specify the setup, so it's bad to make a better assessment.
The only thing I could suggest would be to check out the Registax color balance.

It was the 180mm. Thanks for the advice :) 

• Like 2

On 26/07/2021 at 01:19, orion25 said:

I caught Ganymede's shadow as it was transiting Jupiter and near the instant the moon itself was crossing Jupiter's disc:

Hi Reggie, I took the liberty of hitting the auto-balance button in registax which, I hope you agree, has balanced the colours somewhat.  Hope that helps!

image.thumb.png.c29145a9a48d00bd19377c258ed3787a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MarkRadice said:

Hi Reggie, I took the liberty of hitting the auto-balance button in registax which, I hope you agree, has balanced the colours somewhat.  Hope that helps!

Use it all the time Mark. Its a good tip. Helps train the eye after a while. With correct colour balance becoming a constant. Pipp does something similar with the set histogram to 75% Though it always sets blue a little less than registax.  Sometimes i prefer the pipp balance, other times  registax. 

Good tip again Mark

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkRadice said:

Wow! What a difference! Thanks, Mark. I'll check the rgb balance more often :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Very nice Reggie, love to see the dynamic nature of Jupiter and the Moons.

Thanks, my friend. I really like the images you have been getting. Opposition is just a few days away for Saturn a few weeks for Jupiter; I'll be out there on watch, lol!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Nice capture! transits are fascinating.

Thanks, Sunshine. I wasn't even trying to capture the transit, lol. I had a clear night and some time on my hands and went for Jupiter :)

• Like 1