Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Congratulations to Xiga - Astrophotography Competition

tooth_dr

A massive well done to Ciarán @Xiga who was runner up in the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies astrophotography competition, Reach for the Stars! 

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/art-and-design/reach-for-the-stars-the-best-of-irish-astrophotography-1.4575756?mode=amp

AFFD58B3-607C-4D93-A563-1BB0BCCD2C62.jpeg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

• tooth_dr changed the title to Congratulations to Xiga - Astrophotography Competition
6 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

A massive well done to Ciarán @Xiga who was runner up in the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies astrophotography competition, Reach for the Stars! 

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/art-and-design/reach-for-the-stars-the-best-of-irish-astrophotography-1.4575756?mode=amp

AFFD58B3-607C-4D93-A563-1BB0BCCD2C62.jpeg

Thanks Adam. Very kind if you to post this so cheers mate. 

It came as a bit of a shock I admit. I wasn't expecting it at all so it totally made my day when i found out ☺️ 

Alas, I don't get to take too many photos these days. This was my most recent one, and it was from last October! 😕 I really need to get my mount back so I can get back in the game. It's been over 6 months months now...☹

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Richie092 said:

That’s amazing. Would you mind sharing the capture details? That’s a huge fov!

The Irish times describes it as a “mosaic”, so must have been multiple exposures of different parts of the sky. 

Total width is of FORTY FULL MOONS!!

👏

• Thanks 1