NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The reason my Takahashi 76 is up for sale

This is the reason my Takahashi 76d is for sale I have been looking for a 100mm premium refractor and happened on to this it serves two jobs being nice and compact but also wide field is good so to finance it It was agreed I’d sell one on and the Takahashi 76d which I love is the one to go in it’s place is this 

A mint WO 110FLT TEC F6.5 it is stunning and I can not wait to try it out it is quite a rare scope and I have a soft spot for this type of scope the build quality is superb the 4 inch focuser is as good as any feather touch I’ve owned and fit the finish on the scope is quality 

381DE0FE-A1BC-4EB4-A4F4-D72D299B6E35.jpeg

11E083ED-5282-4050-8CEE-F33AAB920F87.jpeg

EF99145A-367C-4AD7-A925-2CB2630239DF.jpeg

B815E55C-2186-4C02-9B39-F4F4525DF34E.jpeg

A15A1DC1-DE0E-46C1-BE8A-CB41A4FD9293.jpeg

980A27D9-8FCD-4E99-98D1-A6CF1F4AA5DE.jpeg

• Like 11

Thats a very nice find Gary. They are pretty rare to come up for sale.

I'm not sure how many WO FLT110's had the TEC optic in it, but i bet they weren't that many and i know they are highly sought after.

TEC also made their own dedicated version, called the 'Eclipse' but with  a faster F5.6 optic which used Fluorite in the centre element of the oil spaced design.

This was about 10 years ago, and they were not around for long before being discontinued. I think they only made 100 or so of them.

24 minutes ago, John said:

That does look a really nice scope ! :icon_biggrin:

Did they also do a version with a LZOS objective in it ?

I'm sure I saw one many years back with a LZOS lens.

I know they did a FLT123mm version for a while that used a fast F6 LZOS optic that was a great imaging scope.

But i don't recall a 110 LZOS, only the TEC version.

• Like 1

Congrats. The WO FLT110 TEC version is a lovely scope. I just saw it on the UKABS Sold section. £2,000 for it plus the flattener was a bargain! If I ran into a second hand one in good condition (very rare), I wouldn't hesitate to buy it either.

Edited by KP82

5 hours ago, Space Hopper said:

I know they did a FLT123mm version for a while that used a fast F6 LZOS optic that was a great imaging scope.

On 2nd thoughts I was thinking of a WO 105mm triplet that had an LZOS objective.

Thanks for the clarification :icon_salut:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John said:

That does look a really nice scope ! :icon_biggrin:

Did they also do a version with a LZOS objective in it ?

I'm sure I saw one many years back with a LZOS lens.

Hi John not sure but also may used Lomo as well but definitely TMB and TEC 

7 hours ago, Space Hopper said:

Hi Rob around 120 or so I believe Yuri couldn’t make them quick enough as they were had figured for William so he sort out TMB 

4 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Thats a beautiful looking refractor Garry. I cant wait to read your views about it. Ive observed wigh a few WO refractors but not the 110, but i was very impressed at their performance. 

thanks Mike I was hoping to get a Takahashi cough or a vixen but this turned up and was immaculate and has great reviews so can’t wait for first light 

4 hours ago, KP82 said:

Congrats. The WO FLT110 TEC version is a lovely scope. I just saw it on the UKABS Sold section. £2,000 for it plus the flattener was a bargain! If I ran into a second hand one in good condition (very rare), I wouldn't hesitate to buy it either.

KP82 it was somewhat of a bargain these usually fetch close to £3k without flattener etc this is like new it belonged to a Professor of physics in London 

Edited by garryblueboy

Lovely looking thing that is. I don't have much experience of these things but the quality of my GT81 stands out compared with my other scopes so can imagine what this one is like....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, garryblueboy said:

It’s oil spaced optics by TEC 

And one of the best things about the design Gary is you'll find it much quicker to cool down and reach ambient temperature.

My own 140 cools quicker than any other scope i've ever owned before. Thats a major plus for grab and go observing.

• Like 1