Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What’s better than Velcro ?

Newforestgimp

I’ve seen some neat setups on here employing what looks like Velcro to hold computers, hubs & the like so I bought some Velcro. I can only assume not all Velcro is made equal, as it just wanted to fall off or the tape unstick ?

so what is this industrial grade stickiness people are using ?

cheers

Andy H

I've always used this stuff....https://www.mpdhookandloop.com/self-adhesive/heavy-duty-adhesive-velcro/

I've used it for attaching midge-screens to my windows, telrads to telescopes, hand-control caddies to tripods. It really won't come off providing the surface is dry and grease-free. I know to my cost how sticky it is because I've tried repainting windows I've used it on!

• Like 2

Best Velcro forget the imposters is 3M Dual lock industrial Velcro very strong  better than the Velcro brand stuff  , we use it in the boat building industry.

note all Velcro adhere to a shiny smooth surface if it’s dimpled like orange peel or rougher a thin coat of thixofix type adhesive on the surface to be applied wait till tack dry then apply Velcro pad firmly .

Edited by bottletopburly
  • Like 1