Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light on used ST80

1 hour ago, SuburbanMak said:

Fair enough - my reasoning was that it was either try another eyepiece or upgrade the 'scope!  I haven't tried the UFF in my f5 10" Dob yet but am hopeful of similarly improved views there - which would then make his eyepiece amazingly good value, honest (actually at £179 its cheaper than a lot of the other APM UFF rebrands, well done @FLO & I've seen a few reviews where it stacks up very well against the TV Panoptic 27mm - these were all the things I told myself before buying :) 

My BHA 36mm was purchased both for use with the refractor (F6) and with the 6" Newtonian (F5). I actually thought it performed better with the Newtonian than with the refactor which is not what I was expecting. With the Newtonian it gives me the same field of view as I get with the refractor and the ES68 24mm, which at 3.5° is quite widefield. I actually found the 6° I was getting with the refractor and BHA 36mm perhaps a bit too much like looking through binoculars or a finderscope.

Given your comments however, I've put the StellaLyra UFF 30mm, and the TS-Optics Paracor UFL 35mm (Aero ED 35mm clone), back on my maybe list ...

• Like 2