NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lost cap on Pentax binoculars first use!!!

Sluke321

Hi all,

First time taking the Binoculars out tonight and I lost the end cap for the centre bolt/thread. (See photo)

They are Pentax SP 8x40

I have had a quick look on google and can’t find spare parts anywhere. 

Can anyone offer some advice on where to find it?Thanks in advance

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, WJC said:

The other cap will have its size—in millimeters—on it. Note it. And then seek after market accessories for binoculars.

Bill

Thanks for the response. The other side is a different style cap unfortunately 

You will have to decide which is more important to you, matching lens caps or lens caps that DO the job.  If they don't match, the problem originated with the manufacturer or the importer.

Cheers,

Bill

Edited by WJC

unfortunately those tripod end caps are easily lost it seems tho I tend to take the one off my Minolta bins and leave it indoors to reduce the risk. You could perhaps try Pentax directly and see if they can assist. If not and you just want to cover the end then you may be able to adapt something like one of these

SMALLRIG Camera/Tripod/Bracket Screw Quick Release: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Tho the 1/4 screw end may be a bit too long for the purpose, I don't have any like that to try. You could perhaps fit a small plastic cap onto the screw thread to cover the edge of the brass hinge screw or 3d print one to suit.

Mayday, Mayday ... I see you were talking about the cap for the tripod adapter. I thought you were taking about LENS CAPS! I am so sorry. The manufacturer should be able to supple one easily.

BC

On 08/02/2021 at 19:40, Sluke321 said:

Hi all,

First time taking the Binoculars out tonight and I lost the end cap for the centre bolt/thread. (See photo)

They are Pentax SP 8x40

Don't forget - Pentax are now Ricoh Imaging.  There's a contact form here that may help you if you're UK/Europe-based:

https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/uk_en/contact/

Good luck

Could do, but the threads are not a 3D print strong point, stereolithography might be best. Personally I’d leave the cap off... saves losing it agai and it’s easier to find the adapter hole. If you really hate looking at it then a bit of duct tape could help. Of course if you’d lost  a lens/eyepiece cap then printing a spare is easy and I’ve done plenty.

Peter

On 08/02/2021 at 11:40, Sluke321 said:

Hi all,

They are Pentax SP 8x40

image.jpg

Pity you were not using a Pentax tripod adapter as they have a threaded hole to store the cap when removed from the binocular.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/321675-REG/Pentax_69554_TP_3_Tripod_Adapter_f.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nakedgun said:

Pity you were not using a Pentax tripod adapter as they have a threaded hole to store the cap when removed from the binocular.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/321675-REG/Pentax_69554_TP_3_Tripod_Adapter_f.html

I never realised that. I got a Pentax adapter included with my binos and you are right. Thanks!
image.thumb.jpg.51ceb872713f7719902b55afe7e818d5.jpg

• Like 2

On 14/02/2021 at 06:55, Nakedgun said:

On 14/02/2021 at 08:21, JeremyS said:

I never realised that. I got a Pentax adapter included with my binos and you are right. Thanks!

The Nikon adaptor for my binoculars does too... again I didn’t realise this until after months of use 🤣

F843A1FD-7D47-403C-A73C-FA663100EEAA.jpeg

• Like 2