Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Your top 10?

recceranger

12 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Just as long as you weren’t  wearing budgie smugglers in sympathy, I think we’re safe

I have to say that as a Canuck who watched English comedies from very young, Monty Python, Ronnies, Some mothers do have em etc that there is no better comedy or command of the English language than you guys have!

Budgie Smugglers!!lol! man I'm laughing at this one after looking it up and am "chuffed to bits" that I found the meaning 😀

My hat is off to you guys 👍

and I still watch English comedy at every chance. (but no more sci fi :grin:)

Edited by jetstream
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, jetstream said:

I have to that that as a Canuck who watched English comedies from very young, Monty Python, Ronnies, Some mothers do have em etc that there is no better comedy or command of the English language than you guys have!

Budgie Smugglers!!lol! man I'm laughing at this one after looking it up and am "chuffed to bits" that I found the meaning 😀

My hat is off to you guys 👍

and I still watch English comedy at every chance. (but no more sci fi :grin:)

Its actually an Australian saying. 

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCD-Freak said:

I am working on my top 10 list but I am surprised that no one has listed "The Dish".  It is one of my very favorite films.

John Love
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX

I completely forgot about The Dish. I do believe that I have it on dvd. Must give it another watch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CCD-Freak said:

I am working on my top 10 list but I am surprised that no one has listed "The Dish".  It is one of my very 

But The Dish ( or as my Kiwi friend calls it, The Dush) is true, isn’t it?

7 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

What, you mean you researched it?. Must be cloudy where you are.

Fraid so: with @andrew s and @vlaiv on here, I have to be sure that my assertions can be backed up with citations to the scientific literature  😊

Edited by JeremyS
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

I completely forgot about The Dish. I do believe that I have it on dvd. Must give it another watch.

I have the DVD as well.  We watch it when we have a cloudy night at star parties. 😀

I also like "First Men in the Moon"

John Love
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX

Just now, Space Hopper said:

Where's 'The Time Machine' (1960)...?   I don't think i ever got over Yvette Mimieux ! 😍

You have to add 'The day the Earth stood still '(1956)

One of my more recent favourites............'Ex Machina'  I thought that was a brilliant film.

Those are on my short list.

John Love
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX