Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Belated Solar FD and close up from 27th Nov 2020

Nigella Bryant

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Sweet images! How do you find the Zwo Asi 178mm for solar? The results look great.

Hi Luke, the Zwo Asi 178mm has given me consistent data and I can do region of interest without Barlow or powermate for close up imaging. I find the region of interest data quicker than changing to Barlow/powermate particularly if there's cloud around. I do use a tilt plate to counter any Newton's rings but even without it's not much. I'd highly recommend the camera.

• Like 1

Hi Nigella 

Just stunning images, absolute crackers..  I tried at the weekend but my scope is below the obsy wall when the roof is open, very sad face 

hopefully have that sorted soon, going to raise the mount if the weekend permits 

my view was 

Richard

image.jpeg

Edited by rcwinter

9 hours ago, vineyard said:

Those - actually not just those but all your - images are stunning. 👏🏾

Thanks vineyard, appreciate your comment. The techniques are a little different from any other astronomical imaging. Both the acquiring of the image data and processing, taken me the best part of a year and still learning, lol. 

32 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

As you know I have joined the fun but no first light on my Herschel wedge yet. If I can get images 1/100th of the quality of yours Nigella I will be happy.

You've come over from the dark side, lol. You'll be great, it is a learning curve, good part of a year.