Is anyone else clear tonight????

RichieJarvis

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely clear skies around 7pm.

Put my scope out to cool down....

Lovely thick blanket of cloud by 8pm.

Isn't planet Earth lucky to have such wonderful precipitation?

(Bites knuckle in frustration.)

Been clear all night here in Lincoln but bitterly cold what with the wind. The seeing and transparency are superb, one of the best nights I can remember. Of course the wind has put any imaging out of the question but I've really enjoyed doing some visual tonight. I might give the camera a rest for a while actually and get back to looking at things with Mk 1 eyeball. Had a couple of friends around who've never looked through a 'proper' scope before and there was a lot of 'Jeez look at that' 'Oh wow' etc. Which made me feel sort of warm and squidgy..

Nice one Dave it's great to get that kind of feedback :)

I set up my Astrotrac and just about manged to get my new Canon 50D and 50mm F1.8 lens to focus and in came the clouds and rain :)

The nice thing about that setup is I can just pick the whole lot up and run back in with it when the weather changes

Regards

Kevin

Had about half an hour out there.

It was the first time I knew what I was looking for and at (Thanks to all the info on this site) and managed to see that the 'bright star' that I now know is Venus and that its not round :)

Oh and viewed the stars on the Orions belt.

Archived