SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A delivery of a StellaLyra 6 inch RC just got left on the door step

fwm891

17 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Fitting a Baader Refractor Steeltrack to my CC was a big improvement as not only a better focuser than stock but has a much greater travel and have never needed to use the extension tubes.🙂

Nice upgrade. How have you found the views compared an SCT?

More contrast and sharpness than my old C8 SCT. Replaced a Skymax180 with the CC and noticed an improvement over the 180. Haven’t had to collimate it since getting it. A great visual scope although very capable at lunar / planetary imaging.

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1

On 02/10/2020 at 15:18, fwm891 said:

Ordered yesterday delivered today great service FLO. One problem there were a few more clouds (and lots of wet stuff) in the box than expected...

Don't blame yourself, a neighbour down the road here had a huge garden hot tub delivered on the last hot day of September. It's been awful weather since!

Out of interest how stable is the scope on the mount as it looks like a small fixing saddle plate compared to the total dovetail plate length (maybe the angle of the photo makes it seem like this). Can you replace the fixing saddle on iOptrons for something larger, do custom options exist like you can get for Skywatcher or not?

On 03/10/2020 at 21:25, 7170 said:

Don't blame yourself, a neighbour down the road here had a huge garden hot tub delivered on the last hot day of September. It's been awful weather since!

That would be the day we drained and refilled ours with one last charge of clean water...

Olly

I am also curious about what this telescope is. FLO do not manufacture telescopes and the scopes they have named Stella Mira are made by Long Perng in Taiwan (the same Long Perng refractors are sold in the US under the Orion brand), but they are refractors and Long Perng do not seem to make reflectors.... So what is the Stella Lyra?

21 minutes ago, RobertI said:

GSO would be my guess....

Yes, I think you are right Rob. The iOptron brand has one from GSO that looks very similar, but with a different focuser.

Edited by gorann
  • Like 1