SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A delivery of a StellaLyra 6 inch RC just got left on the door step

fwm891

Ordered yesterday delivered today great service FLO. One problem there were a few more clouds (and lots of wet stuff) in the box than expected...

StellaLyra_Nikon5100.jpg

Edited by fwm891
Image added
  • Like 10

There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. Flo are now controlling the website. Flo control the horizontal, and the vertical. Flo can deluge you with a thousand channels, or expand one single image to crystal clarity... and beyond. Flo can shape your vision to anything our imagination can conceive. For the next hour, Flo will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the deepest inner mind to... The Stellalyra telescope Please stand by.

Edited by Tomatobro
correction
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Is this scope a well kept secret? Can't find it on FLO either.:icon_scratch:

I think (maybe?) I got the first one - never been a trailblazer before. I wanted one of these and was offered the StellaLyra - only difference being the colour (doesn't matter in the dark) and the name on the side. I understood they were soon to be added to the FLO site.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

I think (maybe?) I got the first one - never been a trailblazer before. I wanted one of these and was offered the StellaLyra - only difference being the colour (doesn't matter in the dark) and the name on the side. I understood they were soon to be added to the FLO site.

Ah, thought it might something like that! Based on the well regarded GSO RC I think (I also have one). 

• Like 2

I've been sworn to secrecy by FLO since July when I enquired about Classical Cassegrain telescopes after seeing @johninderby had a nice 8 inch one from TS Optics. It sounds like they are about to launch them (Stella Lyra brand) any day now so I hope I'm not jumping the gun! Apologies to FLO if I've let the cat out of the bag! 🤫

(Perhaps delete this post if secrecy is still needed FLO)?

Edited by Geoff Barnes
  • Like 1

I do hope that FLO does launch a range of Classical Cassegrains. A great alternative to the RCs for visual use and a great alternative to an SCT. 👍🏻

Would love the 10” truss version but £££££££

C06A838D-F669-4A1F-9235-7CE262744A38.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

What is the difference between a CC and an RC as they look identical to me?

The figure of the  mirrors is different e.g. parabolic v hyperbolic primaries giving different performance across the field. There are others e.g Dall-Kirkham. 

Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s
  • Thanks 1

The CC has a much smaller secondary so less obstruction and a longer focal length. Better suited for visual and easier to collimate. The RC is really an imaging scope.

The CC obstruction compared to the RC obstruction.

F521CE06-DF3B-448A-86A7-E76AECF51150.jpeg

F5D7F004-9075-4EA0-984D-D61AD363ECF1.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3

I've been very impressed with my RC for imaging, very well made, superbly baffled, nice crayford focuser, very sharp images. A CC should be very nice for visual. Obviously doesn't have the huge focus range and enclosed tube of the SCT but I would hope the views would be sharper? Thing is though, if going for a mirrored scope, wouldn't a newt with a smaller secondary be a better bet? 🤔 (sorry if I'm diverting the thread)

• Like 1

Fitting a Baader Refractor Steeltrack to my CC was a big improvement as not only a better focuser than stock but has a much greater travel and have never needed to use the extension tubes.🙂

3793276C-A0E7-44E4-B0EE-9795544D2646.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1