New Takahashi - unboxing

Managed a quick look at the Moon at 6pm last night, sky still bright so not ideal - at x216 it was very sharp.

it’s noticeably lighter than my current 4” scope which is the main reason I bought it, the Vixen GP holds it very well.

Had to change the excellent Tak finder for a RACI finder as my back finds it more comfortable.

just need a decent night now........

• Like 3

David,

Lovely scope!👍🤘

A few questions for you if I may..

1. Is MikeDnight earning a commission on this scope?🤭😁

2. Is this scope a threat to your FS128 - or just a more grab and go alternative?:glasses12::glasses12:

3. If the answer to (2) above is "yes", can I have the FS128 to pair up with mine to make a giant pair of Fluorite Binoviewers? :headbang::hello2:

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

David,

Lovely scope!👍🤘

A few questions for you if I may..

1. Is MikeDnight earning a commission on this scope?🤭😁

2. Is this scope a threat to your FS128 - or just a more grab and go alternative?:glasses12::glasses12:

3. If the answer to (2) above is "yes", can I have the FS128 to pair up with mine to make a giant pair of Fluorite Binoviewers? :headbang::hello2:

Dave

Hello Dave,

1. Who is MikeDnight ? 😂😂😂

2. No, the FS128 is staying, this as you say is a g&g option

3. Sorry - that would have given great views but two f/8 scopes would have given f/16 🤪so you would have had to change your forum name - which should really be f/8.125 now 😱

• Haha 5