Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter

Sunshine

Last night I was out till the wee hours of the morning, Jupiter and Saturn were wonderful, seeing conditions were good. It wasn't till about 2:30am that I decided to bring out my motor drive, camera, laptop, as the views at the eyepiece at 230x were so full of detail, I just couldn't pack it up without an image. My image may be over processed a bit, I understand, I did it to emphasize the harsh lines which Jupiter's equatorial belts have taken. Usually (from what I recall) the transitions between Jupiter's many cloud bands seem to have been somewhat diffuse but, lately I have noticed some banding taking a more pencil drawn, sharp lines appearance to them. If you notice that Jupiter does not appear to be as round as it should be, let me know, I forgot how to correct that in Registax 6.

719EF9E8-6FFB-4370-B4E3-EE131A9B3509.jpeg

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 14

Excellent image!

I was also out this morning enjoying the views, but they weren't nearly as good as yours.

It was forecast that so Sahara dust would move over Florida and I think it did.

Your image does show me I was seeing the GRS.

Nothing like yours, but I'm always happy with what I get being I'm still using a Canon and single images.

20200620_081438.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CedricTheBrave said:

nice image can i ask what scope/camera/exposures etc you used?

Bare bones imaging as I am not into AP save for occasional planetary shots. For this I used my Orion Eon 115 triplet, Celestron Neximage 5 camera with the TeleVue 2.5x powermate. As for exposure, I believe I did a 1600 frame exposure (video) and chose the best 200 using Registax. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine said:

Bare bones imaging as I am not into AP save for occasional planetary shots. For this I used my Orion Eon 115 triplet, Celestron Neximage 5 camera with the TeleVue 2.5x powermate. As for exposure, I believe I did a 1600 frame exposure (video) and chose the best 200 using Registax. 

been looking at a powermate

need to save some pennies

3 minutes ago, CedricTheBrave said:

been looking at a powermate

need to save some pennies

They are the king of barlows in the sense that the maintain the eyepiece qualities and appear invisible in the visual/imaging train. Just to give an idea exactly how inexperienced I am in imaging, I had no idea you could use a Barlow when imaging lol, I thought I discovered something new haha. Using the Barlow struck me after  I had already taken many exposures.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 1

On 20/06/2020 at 16:26, Neil H said:

Well I would be over the moon if that was my image , I am still trying to work out how to get to the next stage after Auto stacker 

Are there any youtube videos related to auto stacker you may benefit from? i myself am not familiar with that program, i do find youtube very helpful.